cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlimit and BOA still approving charges ??

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Overlimit and BOA still approving charges ??

I think there is a way to opt out of over limit, or is that with just debit cards, I forget now

Message 11 of 23
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

If this card isnt a visa siggy then be ready to get the $35 overlimit fee charged to your card for every transaction over the limit.... Believe me i know!
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 12 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You can opt out of what is called "over the limit protection." You usually make the decision on your application, and can call up to change it if you ever want too. The option is usually right next to the card insurance option that lets them pay your bill if you're sick or lose your job or something.
Message 13 of 23
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Bofa cards just keep racking up. My mom has one and when she had to travel last year, she topped the card and used almost double the cl. No fees or anything.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 14 of 23
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

BoA will let you unless you explicitly tell them not too.

They have the option to charge the overlimit fee, but they are less inclined to do so now due to the new laws.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 23
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Are you serious I hope they don't charge me the fees, I had 3 transactions that were forced. I am using this card for my business and this is why I use it so heavily. Creditaddict, Amex doesn't really like me, but so far chase has been showing me some love. I want to ask them for CLI but only after I pay them off. Currently maxed out on all 3 cards and will pay them off before the statements cut in the next 3 weeks. My business is picking up and we are spending Alot more now. Close to 50-75k a month, especially since these are buying months.
Message 16 of 23
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

BofA does not charge over-limit fee.

But unless you have Visa Signature or Wolrd MC, stay under your limit.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clear a few things up  :-)  BOA does not charge over the limit fees to anyone. If they allow you to go over they do. It is done on a person by person basis. It actually has nothing to do with if its a signature card or a world card. Trust me.  There will be no over limit fees. Even if by some chance you were stranded on a island. Couldnt make it back to pay your bill. There would be no over the limit fee. You could always call the number on the back of your card if you are curious. They can confirm.

Message 18 of 23
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I'd pay it down at least below the CL before the due date so as not to tempt fate.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 23
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to clear a few things up  :-)  BOA does not charge over the limit fees to anyone. If they allow you to go over they do. It is done on a person by person basis. It actually has nothing to do with if its a signature card or a world card. Trust me.  There will be no over limit fees. Even if by some chance you were stranded on a island. Couldnt make it back to pay your bill. There would be no over the limit fee. You could always call the number on the back of your card if you are curious. They can confirm.

I wouldn't risk it for adverse action. Visa Signature and World MC are NPSL by default, but not Platinum Visa/MC.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.