Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpay Comenity Card ...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Overpay Comenity Card ...

I was recently approved for a Comenity Caesars Visa with a 1k limit. I am happy I was approved, but the limit is a little low as I usally run about 6k through one card a month and PIF before the statement cuts.

I want this card to be my daily driver.

So, since my limit is low, can I over pay ?  If my balance is zero and I mail in a check for 2k or 3k or try push a payment from my bank to the card ?

Any suggestions on how I can use the card without having to make a zillion payment(s) just to use the card ?

I tried for a CLI and got the 7-10 day notice so getting a cli won't work right now.

Thank you !!

UPDATE 6/4https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comenity-Closed-My-5-Day-Old-Account/td-p/6343383

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Overpay Comenity Card ...

@Andy77 wrote:

I was recently approved for a Comenity Caesars Visa with a 1k limit. I am happy I was approved, but the limit is a little low as I usally run about 6k through one card a month and PIF before the statement cuts.

I want this card to be my daily driver.

So, since my limit is low, can I over pay ?  If my balance is zero and I mail in a check for 2k or 3k or try push a payment from my bank to the card ?

Any suggestions on how I can use the card without having to make a zillion payment(s) just to use the card ?

I tried for a CLI and got the 7-10 day notice so getting a cli won't work right now.

Thank you !!

First thing. Congrats for getting the card approved. My suggestion is take it easy with the card and let it start building history. Keep the usage under 30% and then pay. It is best to pay it using your bank billpay or using the Comenity online access and pay off the account. Normally the CLI requests are after 4-6 months of having the card. My suggestion enjoy the card and cherish the moment. I am sure your card will grow with time.  Good Luck.

Message 2 of 5
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Thank you. It is going to be really, really hard to keep the balance at or under 300.00 a month. I will have to make 15 payments a month.

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Andy77 wrote:

Typically for most Comenity V/MC, the earliest timeframe is around ~6 months in the event the account didn't qualify for one from the get-go.  Just something to keep in mind.

Message 4 of 5
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

I was in your position exactly for 6 months with an Amex EDP 1k. At that level, the pending charges are high as a %age of the SL, and the bank won't allow a payment that is greater than the actual balance. Spend 800,now only 200 left available. Amex would let me push a payment for say 600, then the balance would show -400. I was advised to not get in the habit of doing this, as it a technique used by bust-out scammers. Once I bought a set of tires for 1000,called customer svc and asked if they would let me make a payment of 2000 so I would still have 1000 avail net the pending. They said OK, if fact I did it twice more. Finally I got a Gold Card and my worries were over.

Bottom line push will work but you're in a kind of grey area. You don't want Comenity to cook up an AA because of it. That's why I called CS when I needed to make a bigger purchase(s).

Why not try for another card, maybe through a credit union? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.