Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYMENT HELP!

tag
S-Hunter
Established Member

PAYMENT HELP!

Not literally..lol

ok...so two months ago I went on my CC shopping spree...and I got 5 new cards. Went on R&R and instead of using $ that I already had planned to spend...I decided to use my CC. But it seems as though I've exceeded my originaly limit for my self if I was paying cash. So my question lies...do I just pay the balances off full...which I dont want to do seeing as how the balance is high (to me anyway) or do I just wait until the statment drops and pay more than the minimal payment. I dont want to hurt my chances of getting CL increases in the near future. Not really worried about the smaller balances below 200s. The balances are as follows:

NFCU:

1683 No due date

USAA: 2cards

112 due date: 6 OCT

410: No due date

CHASE:

115 no due date

Barclays:

586 due date: 18 OCT

CAP ONE: 2 cards

214 due date: 6 OCT

195 due date: 6 OCT

Let me know what you think.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PAYMENT HELP!

You should pay all of them in full except for one card.  The one card shoud have a tiny balance on it still (pay the one card but not in full just leave $10 on it).  This will raise your score and help to get CLIs.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@S-Hunter wrote:
Let me know what you think.

All i can say is i always pay all my statement balances in full and on time each month, if you can pay then pay them... Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You should pay all of them in full except for one card.  The one card shoud have a tiny balance on it still (pay the one card but not in full just leave $10 on it).  This will raise your score and help to get CLIs.

Actually, balances report even if PIF, so OP should pay off all of the cards on or a few days before the due dates if they want to avoid paying interest. This won't manipulate util at all.

If they are concerned about util, they would prepay the projected balance due before the billing cycle closes on all but one card, then that one balance report, then PIF that card on the due date. This method is super complicated but also avoids interest. But it's too late for that since several statements have cut (i.e. cards with due dates are now in the next cycle).

Confusing, I know! Smiley Wink  Welcome to the forum!

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.