Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYPAL Smartcon Luv Button??

tag
Switch2007
Contributor

PAYPAL Smartcon Luv Button??

Hey everyone! I have the paypal smart connect account, and wanted to know WHERE the Luv button is for this? Do I have to call in for a CLI? I know tat GEMB usually has it on their online profiles, so I'm mildly annoyed that I cant find it anywhere. This is the only account I need to request on. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: PAYPAL Smartcon Luv Button??

I just signed it so I could find it.

First of all, when you sign into Paypal, make sure you click on "credit account details" or whatever it says, to take you to just the credit page (not the main Paypal dashboard.)

Then you'll see "spending power:  $700" (that's what it is in my case.)  The "spending power" is clickable on mine, and when I clicked, I was asked, "Request increase"?

I said yes, and the result was:  "Sorry, we're unable to increase your credit limit at this time."  Smiley Sad

Contributor

Thanks so much for the help... I was able to find it... I have never requested a CLI with them for the year or so I've had it, and just got the increase to 2,200 (from 700 initially) !!!!! I need it more so to help my utilization. We're doing work in the house and have maxed fully our HD card, and I'm afraid of the drop to my score. I doubt it was a hard pull though, but will definitely keep an eye out on the alerts. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 6
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I'm glad you had success.  I see that your scores are a little higher than mine.  I'm not sure I've had mine for a year, either.  I'll try again when my scores go up some.  That was a pretty big CLI !

Contributor

Thank you!!!!!!! Yes, I was definitely surprised.... I use this mainly for the sites where I'm not 100% sure about the company (as bad as that may sound) and typically PIF each month. I've been going on a mini CLI spree on all of my accounts and this one I almost completely forgot about. Glad I remembered too... I believe they will be reporting in the next few days...

Message 5 of 6
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I just realized that since it's always a soft pull with GEMB, they are probably going on whatever old, moldy credit report they have on file for me.  I recently improved my credit but I bet it has not shown up yet.  That's why I'm striking out all over with GEMB recently (but have had regular CLIs in the past and have had a recently large credit line from another company.)  I'll just try in a few months.

They always say it takes 4 months of card usage with GEMB but I think the 4 months really refers to how often they pull credit.  Just a guess, though.