Did you mean: 

PC AmEx Blue. More VS Chrome

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC AmEx Blue. More VS Chrome

DBF is starting to engage in my rebuild Smiley Happy

Here's his questions.

1.  Has AmEx Blue.  9% APR.  EX 670's.  What's the options here...PC to BCE?  I need to get his UTL. He carries balances. I KNOW. We talked about it.

2. Has Discover More. 9% APR. They're pushing the IT on him.  Discover really likes his style.  Gets auto CLI often. I don't know much about the More except it's 2% on everything. Isn't that close to the Chrome?  Told him stay with the More if he likes it.

DON'T CLOSE ANYTHING!

Dillema.  His FICO ain't what it used to be, hello UTL, and we've discussed that. Apparently he has a baddie too!  Late payment on a mortage. Instructed on GW's. He wants to get more from his AmEx more so than the Disco. However the BCE is at 12%. Would AmEx be persuaded to remain at 9%?

Educate me.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: PC AmEx Blue. More VS Chrome

Not sure if the Discover More card gets the 5% rotating categories, if not then should PC to the IT. The IT is better than the Chrome in my opinion.

If he PC's the Blue to the BCE he would keep his APR (can probably ask them to lower it), use the chat to do it. Good luck. 

Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: PC AmEx Blue. More VS Chrome

The Blue's (better) equivalent is the Everyday, in that they both earn MR (Blue earns MRE).   But if he wants cash back, then use, BCE would be a better choice.

I think the More does get the 5% categories, the major difference is that you earn 0.25% on the first $3000 (?) of general spend, rather than 1% with the IT.    This hardly matters ($22,50 a year max) but there's no great reason not to change.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.