Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC BOA 123 to Better Balance Rewards

tag
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: PC BOA 123 to Better Balance Rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

I can see them banning PCs from 123 Cash Rewards to Better Balance but my card is a crappy Platinum Plus card with no benefits and the only reason it's still open because it's my oldest card. Oh well Smiley Sad

My boyfriend is in the same boat; he has an old useless Visa from BoA that has no rewards or anything and I've been trying to get him to call and PC to BBR. I guess he missed the boat. :\

Also, that link on the previous page said the card is discontinued??? (Wouldn't be surprised as if it's too good to be true...)

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 21 of 33
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NYCguy37 wrote:

Has anyone PC'd their BOA 123 to the Better Balance Rewards card? I'm finding less and less use for the 123 Cash Rewards card, and I could earn $25 quicker with the Better Balance Rewards card, than I do with the 123. Also, would this be a HP/would I be able to keep my current CL?

i tried last week to PC my BOA Cash rewards for the BBR and was told is NOT allowed anymore because people were applying for the BOA Cash rewards and then after they collected the $100 Sign Up Bonus were PCing to the BBR, So now the BBR is only available to NEW customers Smiley Indifferent

When I app'd for my  B of A card in 2012, it was just the original card  by mistake and then I pc'd to the cash rewards and lost out on the 100 dollar sign up bonusSmiley Mad, so I'm happy that they allowed me to pc again to the Better Balance Rewards last month.    Anyways, it always takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone -- just like the new Diners Club and MS -- people alwasy trying to get something for nothing!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 22 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I can see them banning PCs from 123 Cash Rewards to Better Balance but my card is a crappy Platinum Plus card with no benefits and the only reason it's still open because it's my oldest card. Oh well Smiley Sad

AFAIK, your Platinum Plus card should be elegible to be PC'd to the 123 Cash Rewards card, unless they restricted that as well.  Folks that were stuck in previous BoA legacy products had more options to PC versus their newer products.  The last restriction was placed on PC'ing the standard 123 Cash Rewards to the Privileges Cash Rewards (higher tier card) unless you had a combined ADB $50K in relationship deposits/investments with BoA/Merrill.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Callandra wrote:
My boyfriend is in the same boat; he has an old useless Visa from BoA that has no rewards or anything and I've been trying to get him to call and PC to BBR. I guess he missed the boat. :\
Also, that link on the previous page said the card is discontinued??? (Wouldn't be surprised as if it's too good to be true...)

The BBR card is still available for new applications but you cannot PC from any other BOA card to the BBR card (it has different terms than other cards). In addition, sign up bonuses can not be applied to PCs so switching to the Cash Rewards (or any other card for that matter) is pointless for me.

They aggressively tried to convert me to the Cash Rewards and were audibly stunned that I could do much better, for my spending, than 1% general 2% groceries 3% gas + 75% redeem bonus (esentially 1.75% 3.5% and 5.25%).

Message 24 of 33
yfan
Valued Contributor

Whew! I lucked out. PC'ed mine 123 to BBR a month ago.
Message 25 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

The BBR card is still available for new applications but you cannot PC from any other BOA card to the BBR card (it has different terms than other cards). In addition, sign up bonuses can not be applied to PCs so switching to the Cash Rewards (or any other card for that matter) is pointless for me.

They aggressively tried to convert me to the Cash Rewards and were audibly stunned that I could do much better, for my spending, than 1% general 2% groceries 3% gas + 75% redeem bonus (esentially 1.75% 3.5% and 5.25%).

Then I guess there's your answer.

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Then I guess there's your answer.

Yup. I actually posted my response before I saw your response.

The most interesting part of this whole PC adventaure/failure is that BOA reps belive the 123 Cash Rewards card to be unbeatable. Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 33
Involver
Valued Contributor

BBR is kind of intriguing as you can earn an extra 20 per year with an open Merrill Cash Management account. May need to pair with the Merrill+ for some free money.
Message 28 of 33
HiLine
Blogger

@Involver wrote:
BBR is kind of intriguing as you can earn an extra 20 per year with an open Merrill Cash Management account. May need to pair with the Merrill+ for some free money.

On top of the $20 per year for having a BofA checking account or instead of?

Message 29 of 33
Involver
Valued Contributor

The same $20. I don't have BoA checking though but I'd never read through the T&C of this card before so I didn't even know that extra $5 per quarter existed to begin with. This card is now semi on my radar.
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.