tag
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC BOA Cash Rewards CC to BOA Better Balance CC

@python0704 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CRS chat told me on 5.17 that "BBR is no longer offered for a product change since September 2015."

I called wealth management right after and somehow was able to luck out and successfully pc my card.  It is currently showing as BBR in my online banking and I recieved an email stating that my new card was mailed on 6.16. 

I was called twice to confirm my intention and asked if MC was okay instead of Visa.

good luck!

Do you have to have some investment business with them to be eligible to call their wealth management? I only called CSR and asked for supervior, the best they can offer is depending on my credit, I might be able to open a new BBR account and close the cash reward account without negatively impact my credit. Not sure what they mean about negatively impact, will I get to keep the previous credit history or not?

I don't personally have any investments with them, I just called based on the small data points posted above.. Try those numbers and hopefully they will pass your request on to somebody who can make the change.  i was able to keep my history from 2006 and I used my card yesterday and this morning at starbucks (5% CB deal).

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@python0704 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CRS chat told me on 5.17 that "BBR is no longer offered for a product change since September 2015."

I called wealth management right after and somehow was able to luck out and successfully pc my card.  It is currently showing as BBR in my online banking and I recieved an email stating that my new card was mailed on 6.16. 

I was called twice to confirm my intention and asked if MC was okay instead of Visa.

good luck!

Do you have to have some investment business with them to be eligible to call their wealth management? I only called CSR and asked for supervior, the best they can offer is depending on my credit, I might be able to open a new BBR account and close the cash reward account without negatively impact my credit. Not sure what they mean about negatively impact, will I get to keep the previous credit history or not?

If they won't PC to BBR, then apply for it and move the CL from your existing card to give you a bugger starting limit. Best of luck!

Message 13 of 14
python0704
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@python0704 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

good luck!

I don't personally have any investments with them, I just called based on the small data points posted above.. Try those numbers and hopefully they will pass your request on to somebody who can make the change.  i was able to keep my history from 2006 and I used my card yesterday and this morning at starbucks (5% CB deal).

Called the number and they won't switch. Guess they finally caught up.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.