cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Barclay Platinum Rewards MC to Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard and...

tag
IamB2
Established Contributor

PC Barclay Platinum Rewards MC to Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard and...

So, I've had the Platinum MC rewards for average credit for about 9 months now. Last month CL went from $1000 to $1900. The APR on this new card was the dreaded 24.99% (although it didn't matter - always paid in full). But this was my first rewards card when I started the rebuild, so I didn't care about the APR.

Well, now that my profile has improved, I decided to send them a message via Facebook last night asking to PC my current card to Sallie Mae, or Arrival + World Elite MC (why not shoot high and see what shakes). Got a call back from this nice lady today who advised me that they can't do PC to Sallie Mae, and since account is so new, I am not eligible to PC to Arrival + WEMC, but I am eligible for the Arrival World MC, with no Annual fee. She also told me that she would give me half the bonus offer right now - 10K points for spending $1000 over the next 90 days even though it is not a new card, but simply a PC. 

Additionally, she volunteered to offer to lower my APR to 20.99 from 24.99% and I gladly accepted. Since I was on a roll with good news, I asked for a possible CLI, and she said you would probably be approved, but it does require an HP, which I said no thanks, can't afford a new inq right now since I am in the morgage process (in manual underwriting currently). 

So, use FACEBOOK for Barclay's Cards. It was a lengthy process while reading all the disclosures (about 5 minutes of her talking), but very pleasant and very good overeall.

Just wanted to share my experience.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC Barclay Platinum Rewards MC to Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard and...

Thats great especially since she offered half the bonus with a PC and lowered your APR Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing
Message 2 of 5
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: PC Barclay Platinum Rewards MC to Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard and...

@Anonymous wrote:
Thats great especially since she offered half the bonus with a PC and lowered your APR Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing

Absolutely.. I wasn't going to ask for the APR to be reduced... heck I didn't even know it was a possibility, but I'll take it. She was very nice.. I am glad I took the initiative to do this.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WOW, great success... I just ran over and sent a message... hope I have a nice lady call me like you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

WOW, great success... I just ran over and sent a message... hope I have a nice lady call me like you Smiley Happy

She also wrote me back on FB.. Very nice!

BarclayResponseToPCRequest.PNG

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.