Did you mean: 

PC: Chase Sapphire Preferred to regular Sapphire

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: PC: Chase Sapphire Preferred to regular Sapphire

@Crashem wrote:
It's amazing how a little metal in a card is the primary concern

And I'm sure Chase took this in consideration when they were thinking how to market this card against AMEX. Apparently it's working. Lets face it, it's a unique feature at this level of credit worthiness.

I am obsessed with getting the right portfolio of cards.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 11 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Did anybody get the answer to this?

Can we PC from the CSP to the regular CS and avoid the AF?

Keeping the metal card would be a big bonus though..

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 12 of 16
mxp114
Valued Contributor

You can PC from any Chase to another Chase branded card, so yes it works. However they will issue a new CP card, but if the acct/exp/CV2 are the same, you could probably used the old metal card too.

Message 13 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

+1 to mxp

If they dont change your account number you can still use the metal card until it expires.
Message 14 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

If you upgrade from CS to CSP, you will be issued a new card with the same account number but may change the exp date. I imagine it is the same when downgrading.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 15 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:
It's amazing how a little metal in a card is the primary concern

Try forgeting your metal card in your pocket while going through the TSA at the airport...you get some extra love and attention from the TSA agents.

TSA Agent (female): 'Sir please step aside' spread your legs and lift your arms up.

Me: Oh well ma'am we just met and i dont even know your name LOL

My friends and I  have Sapphire we had no problem going to international flights with 3 layovers never been questioned about the card

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.