Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Citi Dividend to Forward???

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

PC Citi Dividend to Forward???

Right now I'm completely disenchanted and not at all happy w/Citi Bank. A few weeks ago, I got the Citi Dividend card. At the time, I thought it was the best card choice. For some reason, I had dismissed Forward in my research.

After reading more posts and checking out Forward, I really like it and think the rewards would work much better for me. So, I finally called the retention backdoor sticky# and was shocked when the guy told me that they couldn't PC me at this time. He was not able to tell my WHY, nor was he able to tell me WHEN they might be able to do it in the future. GRRRRR! Smiley Mad

Is this typical Citi? I had mixed feelings about apping for a Citi card after reading posts here. Some people seem to love them and others not so much. I guess that's pretty much true with anything, though. I was looking for a good 0% BT card and wanted something with rewards so it would be useful in the future, after the BT was paid. Now, I'm stuck w/Dividend. Also disappointed to discover that you have to have 5000 points before you can redeem your cash back. Smiley Frustrated

Has anyone successfully PC'd from Dividend to Forward? Any tips?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: PC Citi Dividend to Forward???

I can't say anything about Forward, but I just converted my Dividend card to ThankYou Preferred. I think you have $150 cashback for $500 spending in 90 days promo right? Why not get the cashback first?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

Right now I'm completely disenchanted and not at all happy w/Citi Bank. A few weeks ago, I got the Citi Dividend card. At the time, I thought it was the best card choice. For some reason, I had dismissed Forward in my research.

After reading more posts and checking out Forward, I really like it and think the rewards would work much better for me. So, I finally called the retention backdoor sticky# and was shocked when the guy told me that they couldn't PC me at this time. He was not able to tell my WHY, nor was he able to tell me WHEN they might be able to do it in the future. GRRRRR! Smiley Mad

Is this typical Citi? I had mixed feelings about apping for a Citi card after reading posts here. Some people seem to love them and others not so much. I guess that's pretty much true with anything, though. I was looking for a good 0% BT card and wanted something with rewards so it would be useful in the future, after the BT was paid. Now, I'm stuck w/Dividend. Also disappointed to discover that you have to have 5000 points before you can redeem your cash back. Smiley Frustrated

Has anyone successfully PC'd from Dividend to Forward? Any tips?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Points?  Does your Dividend Card not accumulate Dividened Dollars?

Message 3 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Dividend accures dollars, not points. $50 threshold is not too bad, considering Discover More/IT have the same threshold.

Message 4 of 7
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I PC my select platinum to TY premier. I was told that I can pc into any product I want as long as I keep my account in good standing.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 7
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

The Dividend isnt a bad card at all... I think if you use it you'll like it.. Granted, i dont know what your needs are with a card but you get 150 bucks back after the first 500 you spend.. and with xmas coming up you get 5% back on Toy stores (Toys R Us), electronic stores (Best Buy) and Macys! Pretty good gig if you ask me!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
bribro
Valued Contributor

I think the Citi Dividend card is great for the 5% categories, and that's it. Might as well apply for a Forward and get a signup bonus instead of PCing.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.