Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Freedom to CSP

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

PC Freedom to CSP

I have Chase Freedom, but haven't really pulled it out for even the rotating categories. Perhaps the benefits of the CSP may moreso suit my needs (without having to track months/categories), especially with 2% cash back on dining. 

I'm still trying to navigate getting the best conversion rate for my AMEX points, but I hear that Chase has a better system. 

I'm ready for some advice on whether to PC or not.

Thanks in advance.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC Freedom to CSP

Do you earn SUB with a PC?  If not, I wouldn't PC.

Message 2 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Usually applying for the CSP is a better option.  The signup bonus is worth at least $500, and the starting lines are usually fairly generous.  Combined with your existing Freedom card, you can rack up UR points quite quickly.

Message 3 of 12
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Wait. If I PC I might not be able to get a bonus? RIght now it's at 50k points after $4000 in 3 months. Is that worth apping for? Or rather, is that the most points you (collectively) have seen?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 4 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Why? You won't get any available bonuses. That's free money you'd be throwing away. Ditto what @K-in-Boston said about using the Free to rack up points you can transfer to the CSP.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 12
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Correct, you WILL NOT get the bonus if you PC from a Freedom card. You must apply for it new.

If you are under 5/24 I would highly recommend you apply for it new rather than PC for that reason. The 50K UR points bonus is worth minimum $500 cash and potentially lots more on the travel portal or transferred to airlines.
Message 6 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The signup bonuses and offers are only for new cardmembers.  The 50k points would be $500 cash or $625 towards buying travel through the Chase portal.  I don't personally recall seeing higher offers for the card (although I am sure at some point there may have been) like the 100k for CSR when it came out.  They also offer more points later for adding an AU and making a purchase (AU cards are identical except for name, so the AU doesn't have to be the one making the purchase).

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not know you can PC Chase Freedom to CSP? Can you also PC Freedom unlimited to CSP?

I'm asking because I was thinking on PCing my CSP to either of the two above.

Message 8 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not know you can PC Chase Freedom to CSP? Can you also PC Freedom unlimited to CSP?

I'm asking because I was thinking on PCing my CSP to either of the two above.

You can PC Freedom and Freedom Unlimited to CSP (maybe CSR?).  You can PC CSP to CSR or CSR to CSP, or PC CSP and CSR to plain vanilla Sapphire, FU, F, and possibly Slate as well (I know Slate can PC to F/FU). (Some report having to do an intermediate vanilla Chase Sapphire when trying to downgrade CSP and CSR to the other UR cards).  YMMV and you may have to HUCA or just use SM.

Do you think I could squeeze any additional acronyms into that paragraph?  Also worth mentioning that if you PC out of the Sapphire world, you go back to the customer service for the peasants.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, your paragraph is just fine.

Thaks for the info. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.