Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Quicksilver to Savor

tag
jmcherr
Established Member

PC Quicksilver to Savor

Hey I know this has been discussed before, but I just had an online chat with someone at Capital One.

So, I've read that they haven't been giving out upgrades to Savor since they re-amped the card however Abner over here at Capital One said this;

Abner:  

After reviewing your account, I see that currently there's no offer available to change your current card to Savor card or SavorOne card.
We’re constantly making new options available, so you can always check back in a few weeks to see if new offers are available.

Me:
Okay is an upgrade from Quicksilver to Savor something capital one is currently offering?

Abner:
Yes, that's right. However, not all quicksilver cards are eligible to upgrade to Savor card at this time.
You can contact us back at anytime to check on the available offer.

So clearly he doesn't want to give me an upgrade right now. Just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this yet? My QS is SD and I'd like to have more reason to use it. Savors not the best but a PC would avoid HP and just fit my credit goals better.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: PC Quicksilver to Savor

Everything at cap1 is computer driven. It's not that they didn't want to give you an upgrade, they can't if the computer hasn't picked it out for you.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There hasn't been a single report of a successful PC since they reworked the Savor and launched the SavorOne. Word is that even people who got the Savor cannot downgrade to SavorOne to get out of the AF. Unless something very recently changed, I would say that rep doesn't know what he's talking about. 

Message 3 of 14
jmcherr
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

There hasn't been a single report of a successful PC since they reworked the Savor and launched the SavorOne. Word is that even people who got the Savor cannot downgrade to SavorOne to get out of the AF. Unless something very recently changed, I would say that rep doesn't know what he's talking about. 

^ Yeah that's what I was assuming just thought I'd check with the community.

Message 4 of 14
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep I read about that too.  I currently have a Savor that I was hoping to downgrade to SavorOne after one year but from what I read it may not be possible.  I will see if Cap 1 will allow a PC from Savor to QS; if not I will have to cancel to get out of the AF. 

Message 5 of 14
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Savor is special, in that it had the big $500 SUB for a while.

Cap One likely wants to keep folks on the hook for AF to recover that over time.

Message 6 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@FieryDance wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep I read about that too.  I currently have a Savor that I was hoping to downgrade to SavorOne after one year but from what I read it may not be possible.  I will see if Cap 1 will allow a PC from Savor to QS; if not I will have to cancel to get out of the AF. 

Folks have unsuccessfully tried that route as well.  It appears Capital One placed inherent PC restrictions around this product.  So, it's anyone's guess if such restrictions would be even relaxed at some point.  

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

Savor is special, in that it had the big $500 SUB for a while.

Cap One likely wants to keep folks on the hook for AF to recover that over time.

Indeed. I don't really think that forcing people to keep the card and pay the AF for a year is an awful exchange for a $500 SUB but if they push into a second AF or beyond, that's pretty crappy. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmcherr wrote:

Hey I know this has been discussed before, but I just had an online chat with someone at Capital One.

So, I've read that they haven't been giving out upgrades to Savor since they re-amped the card however Abner over here at Capital One said this;

Abner:  

After reviewing your account, I see that currently there's no offer available to change your current card to Savor card or SavorOne card.
We’re constantly making new options available, so you can always check back in a few weeks to see if new offers are available.

Me:
Okay is an upgrade from Quicksilver to Savor something capital one is currently offering?

Abner:
Yes, that's right. However, not all quicksilver cards are eligible to upgrade to Savor card at this time.

So clearly he doesn't want to give me an upgrade right now. Just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this yet? My QS is SD and I'd like to have more reason to use it. Savors not the best but a PC would avoid HP and just fit my credit goals better.

My experience is somewhat unique and may not help you. I upgraded from QS to Savor in February. I was eligible. Then they revamped Savor to Savor and Savor One. I got grandfathered in to Savor with no AF.

I've been with CO since 2001. That might be why.

Message 9 of 14
Yankee2
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jmcherr wrote:

Abner:  

Me:

Abner:

My experience is somewhat unique and may not help you. I upgraded from QS to Savor in February. I was eligible. Then they revamped Savor to Savor and Savor One. I got grandfathered in to Savor with no AF.

I've been with CO since 2001. That might be why.

I orginally signed up for the Savor (2 years ago) before it was Savor/Savor One and once they did, I was notified "since I was with them since the beginning" that they would wave the AF. I would have assumed everyone in that situation did. I guess not? 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.