PC Quicksilver to Savor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC Quicksilver to Savor

@Yankee2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jmcherr wrote:

Hey I know this has been discussed before, but I just had an online chat with someone at Capital One.

So, I've read that they haven't been giving out upgrades to Savor since they re-amped the card however Abner over here at Capital One said this;

Abner:  

After reviewing your account, I see that currently there's no offer available to change your current card to Savor card or SavorOne card.
We’re constantly making new options available, so you can always check back in a few weeks to see if new offers are available.

Me:
Okay is an upgrade from Quicksilver to Savor something capital one is currently offering?

Abner:
Yes, that's right. However, not all quicksilver cards are eligible to upgrade to Savor card at this time.
You can contact us back at anytime to check on the available offer.

So clearly he doesn't want to give me an upgrade right now. Just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this yet? My QS is SD and I'd like to have more reason to use it. Savors not the best but a PC would avoid HP and just fit my credit goals better.

My experience is somewhat unique and may not help you. I upgraded from QS to Savor in February. I was eligible. Then they revamped Savor to Savor and Savor One. I got grandfathered in to Savor with no AF.

I've been with CO since 2001. That might be why.

I orginally signed up for the Savor (2 years ago) before it was Savor/Savor One and once they did, I was notified "since I was with them since the beginning" that they would wave the AF. I would have assumed everyone in that situation did. I guess not? 

It might be heavily weighted on how long you've been with them. I've never been denied a PC or a CLI until Citi declined my CLI last January. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been a Capital One customer for almost a decade. AWESOME credit score, no bankruptcy, late payments, missed payment, returned payment, over the credit limit, etc. always paid more than the minimum OR the full amount. 

Had the Quick Silver One AND Venture One. Called in for an upgrade to the Savor One. They said nope, but on my Quick Silver One I could upgrade it to a Venture One & on my Venture One I can upgrade it to a Quick Silver One. 😂 it'd be an inconvenience for me & them plus cost them money. 🙄

don't understand. 🤔

Message 12 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Been a Capital One customer for almost a decade. AWESOME credit score, no bankruptcy, late payments, missed payment, returned payment, over the credit limit, etc. always paid more than the minimum OR the full amount. 

Had the Quick Silver One AND Venture One. Called in for an upgrade to the Savor One. They said nope, but on my Quick Silver One I could upgrade it to a Venture One & on my Venture One I can upgrade it to a Quick Silver One. 😂 it'd be an inconvenience for me & them plus cost them money. 🙄

don't understand. 🤔

Hi and welcome to the forums @Anonymous.

Since this thread was brought back to life, Capital One hasn't entertained any PC's to Savor or Savor One for a while. Wll they do them eventually in the future?  Maybe.  But, no one knows.  So, it has nothing to do with the information you provided from your first paragraph.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yankee2 wrote:

I orginally signed up for the Savor (2 years ago) before it was Savor/Savor One and once they did, I was notified "since I was with them since the beginning" that they would wave the AF. I would have assumed everyone in that situation did. I guess not? 

I was grandfathered into the Savor with no annual fee as well.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.