cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Richards Unauthorized Hard Pull Removal?

tag
Linear23
Valued Member

PC Richards Unauthorized Hard Pull Removal?

Hi everyone,

I have an issue and wanted to get advice from the pros here at myfico.

I just closed on a home and went to PC Richards for new appliances. My reason for going there is I already have a card from them so I wouldn't have to apply for new credit. The appliances were a little more money than I had on my card so the salesman asked if I wanted to apply for a CLI. After he told me it was a soft pull, I said yes. When he put me on the phone with the GEmoney CSR I asked her if it was just a soft pull and she said it was a hard pull. I told her I wanted to withdraw my app because I don't want a hard pull with a credit card I already have. She spoke to her supervisor who said it hadn't gone through yet because they were waiting on my phone number verification. I said great and walked out of the store.

I woke up this morning to an alert for a new inquiry from PC Richards on my credit report.

How do I get this removed?

Sorry for such a long post! I just wanted to give all of the details.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Re: PC Richards Unauthorized Hard Pull Removal?

Good luck!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 2 of 8
Smug
Established Contributor

It early, I read the title as hair removal ...lol
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 3 of 8
vish1
Valued Contributor

I am almost sure, you won't be able to take it off. Even if you can, it may NOT be worth all the effort.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 8
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

I am almost sure, you won't be able to take it off. Even if you can, it may NOT be worth all the effort.

I agree with this. It was authorised when you asked for the increase the first time. Maybe it didn't go completely through, but the report was probably pulled right away.

Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

^1

You could call back and ask them to delete the inquiry. Or you can get the CLI since they have already pulled your CR
Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

I agree with this. It was authorised when you asked for the increase the first time. Maybe it didn't go completely through, but the report was probably pulled right away.

+1

Message 7 of 8
Linear23
Valued Member

Thank you all very much for answering.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.