Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC TYP VISA to DC MC?

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

PC TYP VISA to DC MC?

I have a TYP Student Visa and I would like to eventually bump it up to a DC MC. Is it possible to change a card from a VISA to MC? Is there a strict rule staring that account must be opened for 12 months before a PC can be performed? Thanks!

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: PC TYP VISA to DC MC?

Dunno if this is possible because of the networks, and I haven't heard of anyone getting a Visa DC, but it would certainly be wise if you can do it. I had a TYP briefly, and IMO found it to be one of the most useless cards ever. You get "2x" on dining and entertainment but many redemptions nerf that value down so really it's not even a full 2% much of the time.

Sorry I don't have a better answer other than I haven't heard of anyone doing it, but hopefully you can, or just cancel the TYP and get a DC if you aren't currently gardening (and if you are, just wait or check the prequals for DC because most people seem to get a high APR on it, if you care about that)

Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Kostya1992 wrote:

I have a TYP Student Visa and I would like to eventually bump it up to a DC MC. Is it possible to change a card from a VISA to MC? Is there a strict rule staring that account must be opened for 12 months before a PC can be performed? Thanks!

Your current TYP card must be open for 12 months (or any introductiory APR promotions have expired) before Citi can consider elegibility for PC.  If your TYP is currently a Visa, it will default to a MC at conversion, there's no DC-issued Visa or AMEX network cards as of yet.

Message 3 of 7
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

The rep i talked to regarding my card's conversion told me that as long as any promotional APR on your card expire,you can request a PC.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did PC from the TYP Visa to DC MC.

Message 5 of 7
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did PC from the TYP Visa to DC MC.

That's good to know! How long did you have your TYP account? Did they give you a CLI when you did the PC? Thanks!!

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the TYP since 2012.  I was happy with the CL and APR so didn't try to change.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.