cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC from Apple Financing Visa to Priceline Rewards?

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

PC from Apple Financing Visa to Priceline Rewards?

So I was thinking about calling Barclay and seeing if it was possible to PC from my current Apple Financing Visa to the Priceline Rewards Visa Sig.

Has anybody done a PC with Barclay? Or PC'd between these two cards?

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: PC from Apple Financing Visa to Priceline Rewards?

I think the only card you can PC an Apple card to is the iTunes card, good luck

Message 2 of 15
andre181
Established Contributor

Quick update: I just called and they said they cannot do PC's anymore. I was told to apply for the Priceline card, and if denied, they could override it by closing the Apple account and moving that CL to the Priceline card.

I app'd online, got the 7-10 day message (no surprise with 9 INQ's on TU), called again. They manually approved it, closed the Apple card, and moved the $6k CL I had to the Priceline Visa Sig.

Oh well, an inq for a 2% cash back card was well worth it.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 15
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I don't think Barcleys does product changes..I've tryed that about 6 months ago As I wanted one of their NFL cards..Was told to Apply..So I did and made a call to the back door number and was able to get them to approve it for me..They are very easy to work with..Just make sure you have not made a lot of apps for credit as they will ask you a few questions..if thats if you have to call...Priceline is the next one I want..but im in the garden right now

Message 4 of 15
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

Otheran have tried and failed.  I think Apple's contract with Barclays prevents this.

Message 5 of 15
john398
Senior Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

Quick update: I just called and they said they cannot do PC's anymore. I was told to apply for the Priceline card, and if denied, they could override it by closing the Apple account and moving that CL to the Priceline card.

I app'd online, got the 7-10 day message (no surprise with 9 INQ's on TU), called again. They manually approved it, closed the Apple card, and moved the $6k CL I had to the Priceline Visa Sig.

Congrats, sounds to me thats one way of getting a PC

Message 6 of 15
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

Congrats, sounds to me thats one way of getting a PC

Was this through frontline CSR? or backdoor analyst?
Congrats!

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 7 of 15
andre181
Established Contributor

Thanks. Both people I spoke with were backdoor credit analysts.

Message 8 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

I also asked for a PC and they said no so I straight up applied for the Rewards MC and got 5K and had them close the apple and transfer the CL to the MC.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 15
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I believe that most lenders will not product change a cobranded card to another one. Most of Barclays cards are cobranded so that may be why they don't do them. Chase will not let you product change between brands either if I am not mistaken.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.