cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC from BofA plat visa to Travel rewards.

tag
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

PC from BofA plat visa to Travel rewards.

Hey guys, 

Just opened up an amex BCE about a month ago, and also did a CLI on my BofA standard card for a 3x limit. For **bleep**s and giggles I called up BofA today to do a PC from my old card with a 14% APR over to the travel rewards. The CSR told me that he had "sucessfully completeed my request" and to expect my card within 2-4 weeks. In the meantime, I have a "case opened" message from BofA that says nothing except that they have a "case" on me. What does that mean?

I've had an account with BofA for about 10 years now, but since I dont get a lot out of it other than a high CL/relatively low APR I was going to sock drawer it. I asked him If the new card would have the same terms, and he said that the new terms would come in the mail. I'm just kind of curious about what to expect. 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PC from BofA plat visa to Travel rewards.

They just send you an e-mail whenever you do a product change. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

Re: PC from BofA plat visa to Travel rewards.

lol, thanks. 

My BCE works out great for everyday things, but I was really excited to switched over my BofA account because of the point potential for business. I'm still curious if my same credit limits/APR will carry over from my old card. I'm not so much worried about the APR, but a shiny new card doesnt do me much good if they knock down my CL. 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.