cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC from Sears' Shop Your Way MC to either Costco or Home Depot?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC from Sears' Shop Your Way MC to either Costco or Home Depot?

If possible, what's the best way to do it WITHOUT re-applying?

I *bleep* hate Sears! I have not used this card for a while (except every 4 to 6 months to keep account active).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PC from Sears' Shop Your Way MC to either Costco or Home Depot?

Nope. Such option is not available, unfortunately. You can only PC to the standard Sears MC (non-SYW) version which can allow you to earn TY points if your account is eligible.
Message 2 of 12
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Lame given how fast that particular ship is sinking.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Eh, this happens with great frequency with a variety of PLCC partnerships that either end their contractual agreements or whenever numerous retailers cease operations ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:
Lame given how fast that particular ship is sinking.

Sears? Yes, plus their customer services sucks!

What happens to Citi card that holds Sears if Sears no longer in business? Would Citi give options to PC to another retailer of customer's choice or would they close it completely?

Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It is unknown at this time what Citi will do with the portfolio if Sears ceases operations and contractual liability ends.

Potentially, they may close the accounts (notices to be provided) or convert it to a generic or alternative product.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
It is unknown at this time what Citi will do with the portfolio if Sears ceases operations and contractual liability ends.

Potentially, they may close the accounts (notices to be provided) or convert it to a generic or alternative product.

Thank you. I think I'll just leave my Sears' Shop Your Way MC alone and see what they'll do with it.

Happy New Year to you!

Message 7 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Nope. Such option is not available, unfortunately. You can only PC to the standard Sears MC (non-SYW) version which can allow you to earn TY points if your account is eligible.

BTW I've seen recent multiple data points both here and elsewhere that requests to make this particular change are being denied. 

I don't know if they've stopped allowing the change altogether or if this is a YMMV senario where the conditions behind a denial haven't yet been collated. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

BTW I've seen recent multiple data points both here and elsewhere that requests to make this particular change are being denied. 

I don't know if they've stopped allowing the change altogether or if this is a YMMV senario where the conditions behind a denial haven't yet been collated. 

Hmmm that's definitely interesting.   I wonder what's driving such restrictions, if anything.  I've had mine since 08, but thankfully it's with the TY program.  

Message 9 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Hmmm that's definitely interesting.   I wonder what's driving such restrictions, if anything.  I've had mine since 08, but thankfully it's with the TY program.  

My guess is that there was pushback from Sears as SYW redemptions are meant drive followon purchases at Sears whereas TYP does not. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.