Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC'ing CapitalOne Sony Visa card to other CapitalOne cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC'ing CapitalOne Sony Visa card to other CapitalOne cards

@onecoolamigo wrote:

At the moment, my CL on the card is 1,000 and I do not use it much since it does not have benefits, except for travels abroad because it does not have a foreign transaction fee...However, my  FICO score is 826 now and was always high enough and never lower that 800... 

They definitely won’t upgrade a $1K card. 

Honestly at this point I would SD it or close it. I closed my PlayStation card last March that was stuck at the same $2K limit since I got it 10/2016 and I opened up a SavorOne last month and they gave me $10K and it’s a WEMC. 

Message 11 of 15
onecoolamigo
Established Member

What would be your advice? Which card is better to have?

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 826
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Credit One Nascar Visa or anything PenfedSmiley Wink

Jk, but honestly no one can tell you whats the best card to apply for without knowing your stats, your spending habits etc. Even then its all subjectiveSmiley Wink
Message 13 of 15
onecoolamigo
Established Member

But PenFed is mostly for those who have any military background, am I right? I was mostly seeking the advice with regard to rewards cards...

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 826
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@onecoolamigo wrote:

What would be your advice? Which card is better to have?

I mean the QuickSilver is the best of the 1.5% cash back cards if you ask me if you don’t have travel (CFU would be better here since it can be paired with a CSP/CSR for travel), don’t need the extended warranty (AMEX is by far the best for this), and don’t already have a 2% card like Citi DC, PayPal, Alliant, SDFCU, etc. 

The SavorOne is excellent as a “night on the town” card since it covers dining and entertainment at 3% and it can double as a grocery card if you don’t already have a 3% one since it offers 2% there. 

The Savor and Venture cards both have AFs that make them hard to justify except under limited circumstances. 

It really comes down to your needs and desires. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.