Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC'ing CapitalOne Sony Visa card to other CapitalOne cards

tag
onecoolamigo
Established Member

PC'ing CapitalOne Sony Visa card to other CapitalOne cards

What is better choice for PC'ing SONY Visa card? Any thoughts and suggestions? SONY card does not have much benefits and I want to switch and at least to have some cashback or any other benefits...

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 826
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Re: PC'ing CapitalOne Sony Visa card to other CapitalOne cards

I have a Sony visa signature and I was told that they do not pc cobranded cardsSmiley Sad

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

PCing would be against the terms of the cobrand contract.
Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Cant be done. Looks like 3 hps if you want a new Cap One cardSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 15
onecoolamigo
Established Member

Thank you. And what about upgrading the card from ordinary to signature?

Message 5 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have no experience with Cap One since i cant get them but i think sometimes too much credence is put into obtaining the siggy version of a card. How many of us really use those bennies? Want a Siggy regardless of limit, you could try for Chase Amazon Prime or even the Best Buy Visa. Just a suggestionSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t know if Capital One upgrades cobrands to Signature or WEMC but I do know that their regular cards, you can’t call and request it, they say that it’s done by the payment network and not them. Interestingly NFCU says the same thing but says they can manually request it too so Capital One may not be lying about it. Regardless, my QS is still a Platinum even with an $8250 limit and it’s been over $5K since 2017. Maybe if I used it more they would upgrade it to WEMC but it’s honestly not worth it to me. 

Message 7 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@onecoolamigo wrote:

Thank you. And what about upgrading the card from ordinary to signature?

These types of "tier" upgrades are far and in between, especially for the Sony or PlayStation versions.   It would all depend if you meet certain internal criteria to be eligible.  Nonetheless, the upgrades are targeted and not something that can be requested.  What is the CL on the card and what kind of usage are you placing on it? 

Message 8 of 15
onecoolamigo
Established Member

At the moment, my CL on the card is 1,000 and I do not use it much since it does not have benefits, except for travels abroad because it does not have a foreign transaction fee...However, my  FICO score is 826 now and was always high enough and never lower that 800... 

Message 9 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@onecoolamigo wrote:

At the moment, my CL on the card is 1,000 and I do not use it much since it does not have benefits, except for travels abroad because it does not have a foreign transaction fee...However, my  FICO score is 826 now and was always high enough and never lower that 800... 

If you don't use it anyway, does a tier upgrade really even matter? WMC/WEMC/Signature/etc really makes little difference in any real world situation.

With your score I would just apply for a better card outright (not necessarily Capital One) and forget about the Sony card, just SD or close it.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.