Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCing usbank platinum to usbank cash+

tag
Writechecks1
Valued Member

PCing usbank platinum to usbank cash+

Hey guys

had a quick question regarding my usbank platinum card. 
If I ask(and succeed of course) to PC my platinum to the cash+, will I have the same card number as the platinum?

reason I ask, I don't want my AAoA to change and have a different card report?  Would prefer it to stay the same. 

would appreciate the help with this. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: PCing usbank platinum to usbank cash+

No experience with US-Bank for a product change.

However receiving a card with same number is not necessary or even available for many product changes.  The opening date and history can be saved with a new number on a different product.

Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Writechecks1 wrote:

Hey guys

had a quick question regarding my usbank platinum card. 
If I ask(and succeed of course) to PC my platinum to the cash+, will I have the same card number as the platinum?

reason I ask, I don't want my AAoA to change and have a different card report?  Would prefer it to stay the same. 

would appreciate the help with this. Thanks

Card number will change, but opening info is retained, it doesn't report as separate new account.  

Message 3 of 6
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Hey OP,

Just completed a similar request about 30 days ago. I PC'd US Bank Altitude GO -> US Bank Cash+ And for me it was a quick phone call to customer service and they issued me another card number and that resulted in an updated credit report. As @Remedios already stated this didn't affect my AAoA or create another credit account.

But if you're worried about chase 5/24 status I did hear once a while ago their algorithm sometimes counts PC'd cards as a new account. If you're declined because of being over 5/24 and recently completed a PC you should call and confirm the computer system didn't miscalculate the PC'd account as a new account.

Also, my US Bank account is weird now and shows the old US Bank Altitude GO rewards system concurrently with the Cash+ reward system. I spoke to someone and they said that should clear up in about 30 more days. I'm not too confident in that statement but I'm getting my 5% cash-back in the categories I need so whatever for now. I'm sure eventually it will clear up, if not, I'll call a few months from now and have them open an IT ticket lol.

Message 4 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I've never heard of Chase's puter getting confused about PCed accounts. They look no different than when replacement card due to fraud is issued. Card number might be different, but all other associated information is the same. 

As far as seeing both accounts, yup. It will clear up once it's processed and completed on the backend. This is also the case when secured cards graduate (which really is a type of PC), takes about 30 days for system to recognize it. 

This was my experience with Citi, both cards showing in the account, but in their case, it's buyers remorse period. After it expires, old account poofs. 

Message 5 of 6
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Totally agree!

Cannot remember where I read it, but it seemed to be a computer glitch with seeing the PC'd account as another "new" account via the Chase internal algorithm. It was some time ago and could be all cleared up, just wanted to make sure OP knew it was a rare possibility and they should call if something weird happens.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.