Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED LOVE BUTTON

tag
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: PENFED LOVE BUTTON

@nathan wrote:
I tried to push the button, but it required me to check a box accepting a pull, which I presume is a hard because it didn't specify. i immediately canx the application until I get enough evidence that it is a soft. i am not taking any chances on my eq which is already pregnant with a lot of inqs. I hope some forum member will provide that evidence for me.

Good call.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 11 of 19
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Very well.
Message 12 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I am reasonably certain that when I clicked (with the poor CSR making encouraging noises), it came up with a "Congrats..."

If so, this means that PenFed is like Citi --if they want you to fill out a form, it's a hard, and there's no guarantee. If they say congrats, you are approved, jump on it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 19
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I am reasonably certain that when I clicked (with the poor CSR making encouraging noises), it came up with a "Congrats..."

If so, this means that PenFed is like Citi --if they want you to fill out a form, it's a hard, and there's no guarantee. If they say congrats, you are approved, jump on it.

My friend, I think the concern is whether or not your CLI was waiting for you and it was softed vs. if we mere mortals went through the CLI process, it might hit as a hard because it was "initiated" by us instead of true love, make sense?

Message 14 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I agree; I think that there is a huge difference between a lender-initiated CLI and a consumer-requested one.

I just went poking through my e-mails to see if they ever sent a "Hey, idiot, we're trying to give you credit," but I couldn't find one. I think that there was a thread going here about a pop-up luv button, and I checked my online account, and there it was.

*just found where I posted about the CLI --I'd forgotten how they do it (odd, but I'll take it)*

Santa PenFed brings Christmas in October
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 19
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Hey Guardian, what happened to your exp?
Message 16 of 19
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@nathan wrote:
Hey Guardian, what happened to your exp?

I actually have not yet seen a luv button or a CLI, but then again my account is hardly a month and half old with PenFed. I am not expecting anything anytime soon, they treated me pretty well to start with so I can wait.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

hauling -

in your other post that you linked to you spoke about usaa.  we are members and have insurance with them...but haven't ever apped for credit.  who do they pull from on CRA's?

Message 18 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:

hauling -

in your other post that you linked to you spoke about usaa.  we are members and have insurance with them...but haven't ever apped for credit.  who do they pull from on CRA's?

Almost always EQ. Answered more here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=153462#M153462
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.