cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED: after 6 months, I graduate out of diapers ;)

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: PENFED: after 6 months, I graduate out of diapers ;)

With those scores you had to suffer a 6 month funds hold?   I have not heard of that with any lender.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 11 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It seems to be a new-ish thing with PenFed. They got really hot over the last 1 1/2 - 2 years, and it seems that they've gotten burned by some of their new members.

This wasn't in effect when I joined in Feb 2008, thank goodness.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
It seems to be a new-ish thing with PenFed. They got really hot over the last 1 1/2 - 2 years, and it seems that they've gotten burned by some of their new members.

This wasn't in effect when I joined in Feb 2008, thank goodness.

I think myfico is responsible for making  PenFed known outside of the DELMARVA region.  

Message Edited by DI on 10-20-2009 05:45 PM
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have never know about them, nor would I have cared if it wern't for myFico.

I really don't mind the hold thing too much, just be sure to ask for a high enough credit line to cover all of your charges while they take their sweat time to poste your payments.

Message 14 of 19
pattycake
Established Contributor

Yep, I don't charge more than a few hundred a month, then PIF on PenFed. My CL is $10K, so it's not an issue for me, but it really is more a matter of principle.

I pay them via mycheckfree and the payment just goes through ten days before the due date. I do the same with other bills, including WalMart and now AMEX.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 15 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

I think myfico is responsible for making  PenFed known outside of the DELMARVA region.  

Pentagon Federal Credit Union is now, and has been for a consdierable period of time, the third largest US Credit Union. (The largest is NFCU.) I seriously doubt that myFICO put either one of these institutions "on the map".

Message 16 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, there was a lot of buzz about PenFed here and many other credit boards. Trends sweep through forums, and they do make an impact. And there's nothing like free publicity.

I'm pretty sure that there was some impact on their membership. I remember when I app'd, the CSR asked how I had heard about PenFed. I told her it was on the myFICO forums, and she answered, Oh, we've been hearing about you guys.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Pentagon Federal Credit Union:

• Federally Chartered in 1935
  • 932,708 Members
  • $13.9 Billion in Assets

If myFICO was responsible for adding 1000 new members (which I am sure is wildly high) that would represent about 0.1% of their total membership.

Message 18 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Pentagon Federal Credit Union:

• Federally Chartered in 1935
  • 932,708 Members
  • $13.9 Billion in Assets

If myFICO was responsible for adding 1000 new members (which I am sure is wildly high) that would represent about 0.1% of their total membership.

MYFICO is responsible for making me and so many other members aware of PenFed.  I am not going to back down on that claim.  MYFICO serves more than its intentional purposes.  I appreciate the website.  

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.