Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PISSED AT DCU!

tag
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

PISSED AT DCU!

Hello. I applied for a personal loan about 3 weeks ago with DCU and was denied. after reading all the forums on DCU i decided to open a checking and savings and set up direct deposit so that I can build a relationship with them to get a credit card and future products.

I called in and said I wanted to open the checking and savings ONLY IF they wouldnt pull another inquiry since my last one was only three weeks ago. They garunteed me that it would be the same report as before and I wouldnt get another inquiry. I said ok thats fine. They opened the accounts and had me apply for a credit card. AGAIN saying it would be the same pull from 3 weeks ago. I said sure why not if its the same pull.

Sure enough today, MYFICO emailed me to tell me DCU has inquired my credit report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super pissed as I am "gardening" because I have 10+ inquires and 4 accounts opened in the last 6 months.

Can i dispute this or what!? should i leave it alone?

Also, on the DCU website, on the bottom is says "NOT NCUA INSURed", "NOT CREDIT UNION GUARANTEED" and "MAY LOSE VALUE". wtheck does that mean??? should i not continue starting these accounts!? I heard so many good things about DCU but now I am unsure.

I called in as soon as i got the email about the inquiry and the office is closed. Seriously, its not 24 hours like B oF A?

Thanks and sorry about venting!

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: PISSED AT DCU!

@dddfresh wrote:

Hello. I applied for a personal loan about 3 weeks ago with DCU and was denied. after reading all the forums on DCU i decided to open a checking and savings and set up direct deposit so that I can build a relationship with them to get a credit card and future products.

I called in and said I wanted to open the checking and savings ONLY IF they wouldnt pull another inquiry since my last one was only three weeks ago. They garunteed me that it would be the same report as before and I wouldnt get another inquiry. I said ok thats fine. They opened the accounts and had me apply for a credit card. AGAIN saying it would be the same pull from 3 weeks ago. I said sure why not if its the same pull.

Sure enough today, MYFICO emailed me to tell me DCU has inquired my credit report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super pissed as I am "gardening" because I have 10+ inquires and 4 accounts opened in the last 6 months.

Also, on the DCU website, on the bottom is says "NOT NCUA INSURed", "NOT CREDIT UNION GUARANTEED" and "MAY LOSE VALUE". wtheck does that mean??? should i not continue starting these accounts!? I heard so many good things about DCU but now I am unsure.

I called in as soon as i got the email about the inquiry and the office is closed. Seriously, its not 24 hours like B oF A?

Sorry you didnt get approved for your loan, but it is known that they do multiple pulls for credit and membership. 

You can however dispute the pull. Good luck and I hope they remove it. 

Also most CU's are not 24 hours. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 9
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

thank you. It is my first credit union experience. I didnt know they werent 24 hours.

I am definitely going to try to dispute it

NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 3 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

@dddfresh wrote:

Sorry about your denial.  I heard DCU pulled EQ to open membership.  They will pull another HP if you apply for credit card or any other credit product.   They have been talking about HP to open membership on this forum.  

Ron.

Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 9
toddbeck
Valued Member

Sucks about the hardpulls... not sure but I think they are 24 hours, but closed due to NEMO.

Also the insurance line is in reference to their investment products not regular deposit accounts.

Message 6 of 9
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Did they approve you for the visa CC in the second HP?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 7 of 9
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

interesting....

I didnt get approved for the credit card because I Have 4 account opened under 6 months old.

Im going to let those age a little bit and set up direct deposit into the account in hopes to get approved down the line..thats why i was so upset about the extra HP when they specifically told me over and over it wouldnt be another pull!!

Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@toddbeck wrote:

Sucks about the hardpulls... not sure but I think they are 24 hours, but closed due to NEMO.

Also the insurance line is in reference to their investment products not regular deposit accounts.

They are not open 24 hours- their 'PC BRANCH' is available but no human. Sat is half day. Today they closed early due to the weather. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.