Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Bank Secured Card

tag
pudder13

PNC Bank Secured Card

Hello All,

I called today and just found out I was approved for a PNC bank secured visa!!( I applied in the branch last week btw). They don't advertise this product too heavily. I'm in the process of rebuilding and moving on after losing my job last year, graduating nursing school, and growing up! my tu score is 535 and I have some CO and collections. I'm super excited to have a positive TL and I was given the address to send money for CLI's. BTW I was turned down for BOA secured and canceled my app for Citi. I truly hope this helps someone!!!!

D  

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC Bank Secured Card

Congrats, anyway you can post some more info about it, like min/max, AFs, apr,  hard/soft pull, if it graduates, etc?

Message 2 of 28
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Didn't know PNC had a secured card. Thanks.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 3 of 28
joelt4425

I applied for the PNC bank secured card last week. It is a branch only product(meaning you have to apply in person at a branch location). I was told it was 100% approval. The APR is 18.9 and there is a 36 dollar annual fee billed $3 a month. Which compared to some cards out there is not so bad for a secured card. I was told that the card also becomes unsecured in as little as 6 months depending on your account history. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Ill do my best to answer them

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! Any idea what the min and max deposit were? I'd have to drive 30 miles to get to PNC so it would be nice to know that before I make the trek.

Message 5 of 28
joelt4425

Min deposit is 250...and the max I believe was 2500.

Message 6 of 28
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I just spoke to a CSR with PNC & she told me that the secured card doesn't graduate & that I would need to apply for a regular unsecured card down the road. Why can't banks ever be on the same page with their employees ?

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 8 of 28
dalebb
Valued Contributor

welcome to the forums all u new postersSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hello charlene and welcome to the forums.

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to ask the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.