Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Cashbuilder Visa Gone, New PNC Cash Rewards Card

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

PNC Cashbuilder Visa Gone, New PNC Cash Rewards Card

I logged into my account at PNC tonight and I saw a advertisement for the new PNC Cash Rewards card...4% back on gas, 3% on dining, 2% at grocery stores and 1% back everywhere else. I also noticed that the Cashbuilder Visa is no longer on their site. This really looks like a nice card!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: PNC Cashbuilder Visa Gone, New PNC Cash Rewards Card

Thanks for sharing info about this new card.

It's nice that quite a few lenders have been introducing new cards with some interesting features lately.  This card is OK, but I don't think it appeals to most people.  The 4% on gas is good but not market leading.  3% on dining seems pretty common these days.  There's a limitation of $8k per year across all categories, so that's a very significant limitation that doesn't apply to some of the other cards out there.  The 2% grocery category is not enticing at all, as there are plenty of cards around now that offer 2% or better on everything.  The $100 initial spend bonus is pretty weak.

A year or two ago, this would have been a pretty interesting card, but probably not in the current environment.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card seems like it would only be of benefit to someone building up new credit, and with low spend.

For most people i can't recommend it given that 8k limitation, and the category bonuses are not anything amazing anyway.

Message 3 of 6
northface28
Established Contributor

Maybe not here it's not popular because most people here have an overall unhealthy obsession with credit cards. The general population wants "one stop" credit cards without worrying this card for that and that card for this. Streamlined is very appealing to most consumers.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 4 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If there were no cap on this card it could easily replace my AARP.  And if you don't hit the $8k annual cap you could easily replace the Costco Anywhere card as well...

Message 5 of 6
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

This looks like a great one stop shop rewards card for the casual credit user! I don't chase rewards or bonuses, and I like the idea of standing cash back percentages greater than 1.5%. I've currently got the PNC Core card for the low APR and good balance transfer offers, so as soon as my highest balance is transferred and paid off, I may have to consider PC'ing to this card if it's still around then.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.