cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Credit Card Approval Question

tag
TerryTVickers

PNC Credit Card Approval Question

Does anyone know the credit score needed to get approved for a PNC Credit Card? I was approved for a 10,000 heloc.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rarj13
Valued Member

Re: PNC Credit Card Approval Question

I'm a PNC employee. PNC is generally very conservative. If you have no delinquencies, and a score over 680, you should be OK. I'd check to see if you are pre-approved or preselected.
Wallet:
American Express BCP 35,000 Since 09/14 6% Groceries 3% Department Stores 3% Gas
PNC Cash Rewards 15,000 Since 06/17 4% Gas, 3% Restaurants, 2% Groceries
Discover IT 31,300 Since 02/14 5% Restaurants, 5% Movies,
Citi Doublecash 19k since 04/16 2% on everything
Sock Drawer: CSR 25k | Fidelity 2% 10k | Chase Freedom 7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 5k | NFCU Go Rewards 25k
Message 2 of 8
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Hmmm,  I had a pre-selected app for the PNC Flex Visa, with 18 months 0% and then after the 0% was up, the APR would stay at 7.99% till the BT was paid.  Get 50,000 points after spend $500 and a regular APR of 13.99.  They didn't pull my credit til the day after I applied -- which I thought was weird.

Anyways, ....... I got declined -- OMG  Smiley Mad    They pulled EX and cited a score of 743.   How are they with recons?

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 8
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Have any new inquiries or new accounts?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 8
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

I was approved for a score of 754 and also had a virtual wallet performance checking account with them. But even so, they gave me a very low limit of $800.

Message 5 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

Ugh. I thought about apping this card in about 6 MO to pad util as I have held accounts with PNC for many years, but with these low limits / denials at high EX scores I think I'll pass.
Message 6 of 8
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Well, I will admit ........that I did open a few credit cards beforehand -- as in before submitting this pre-selected app.   

Also, I have another pre-selected app PNC Points Visa with practically the same rewards -- 50,000 bonus points after spending 500, APR OF 13.99 and a 0% BT til Oct 2015, but I'm not willing to take another HP...............SO off to the shredder you go.....lol.

Now, I have some other pre-selected apps for both -- (4) Chase Slate @ 12.99 after BT and (2) Chase Sapphire Preferred @ 15.99, so maybe I'll try those in NovemberSmiley Tongue

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 7 of 8
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@TerryTVickers wrote:

Does anyone know the credit score needed to get approved for a PNC Credit Card? I was approved for a 10,000 heloc.

PNC is tough. Yrs ago I had a banking relationship with them with a savings and checking account with nice balances in both. I applied for their credit card and was denied. I remember one reason being I was not a homeowner. Wth. Anyway I went on and was pre approved for many credit cards with other banks. Finally in 2012 after  getting weekly preapproval offers, I  responded to a pre-approved offer and got my first PNC credit card. My fico score was high 700's. Same as it was when I was first denied.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.