cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Credit Card Approval Question

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.

PNC Credit Card Approval Question

Does anyone know the credit score needed to get approved for a PNC Credit Card? I was approved for a 10,000 heloc.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Valued Member

Re: PNC Credit Card Approval Question

I'm a PNC employee. PNC is generally very conservative. If you have no delinquencies, and a score over 680, you should be OK. I'd check to see if you are pre-approved or preselected.
Wallet:
American Express BCP 35,000 Since 09/14 6% Groceries 3% Department Stores 3% Gas
PNC Cash Rewards 15,000 Since 06/17 4% Gas, 3% Restaurants, 2% Groceries
Discover IT 31,300 Since 02/14 5% Restaurants, 5% Movies,
Citi Doublecash 19k since 04/16 2% on everything
Sock Drawer: CSR 25k | Fidelity 2% 10k | Chase Freedom 7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 5k | NFCU Go Rewards 25k
Message 2 of 8
Established Contributor

Hmmm,  I had a pre-selected app for the PNC Flex Visa, with 18 months 0% and then after the 0% was up, the APR would stay at 7.99% till the BT was paid.  Get 50,000 points after spend $500 and a regular APR of 13.99.  They didn't pull my credit til the day after I applied -- which I thought was weird.

Anyways, ....... I got declined -- OMG  Smiley Mad    They pulled EX and cited a score of 743.   How are they with recons?

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 8
Valued Contributor

Have any new inquiries or new accounts?

TU FICO: 672 EQ FICO: 660
NFCU LOC 15k NFCU CR Visa Sig 17.5k NFCU GR MC 17.5k Barclays RMC 10k Cap1 QS Visa 5k DFCU Visa Plat 4.6k R2G 3.7k RFCU Visa 3k Walmart 1k
Garden since: 1 Jan 2015
Message 4 of 8
Regular Contributor

I was approved for a score of 754 and also had a virtual wallet performance checking account with them. But even so, they gave me a very low limit of $800.

Message 5 of 8
Valued Contributor

Ugh. I thought about apping this card in about 6 MO to pad util as I have held accounts with PNC for many years, but with these low limits / denials at high EX scores I think I'll pass.
Message 6 of 8
Established Contributor

Well, I will admit ........that I did open a few credit cards beforehand -- as in before submitting this pre-selected app.   

Also, I have another pre-selected app PNC Points Visa with practically the same rewards -- 50,000 bonus points after spending 500, APR OF 13.99 and a 0% BT til Oct 2015, but I'm not willing to take another HP...............SO off to the shredder you go.....lol.

Now, I have some other pre-selected apps for both -- (4) Chase Slate @ 12.99 after BT and (2) Chase Sapphire Preferred @ 15.99, so maybe I'll try those in NovemberSmiley Tongue

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 7 of 8
Regular Contributor

@TerryTVickers wrote:

Does anyone know the credit score needed to get approved for a PNC Credit Card? I was approved for a 10,000 heloc.

PNC is tough. Yrs ago I had a banking relationship with them with a savings and checking account with nice balances in both. I applied for their credit card and was denied. I remember one reason being I was not a homeowner. Wth. Anyway I went on and was pre approved for many credit cards with other banks. Finally in 2012 after  getting weekly preapproval offers, I  responded to a pre-approved offer and got my first PNC credit card. My fico score was high 700's. Same as it was when I was first denied.

Message 8 of 8