cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Points VISA reported as "National City" on EQ!

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

PNC Points VISA reported as "National City" on EQ!

Isn't that weird? Today's Score Watch update told me that my PNC credit card is now reported as owned by "National City." WHy is that? Wasn't National City bought by PNC? Furthermore, for a long-time customer of PNC who got "switched over" from the old phased-out Platinum Rewards to the new "PNC Points" without a choice (they didn't ask me), wouldn't PNC want to tell their customer that their card is not going to show up as "PNC" anymore but rather as "National City." I was concered when I saw the update first. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. Annoying to say the least.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Re: PNC Points VISA reported as "National City" on EQ!

Saw the same thing when they converted my PNC signature to the new PNC points signature. Was told it shouldn't say that and that it would be corrected. They even had someone else's account # on my report and they listed it as closed by consumer. I called them about that as well
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

As long as the account number, and dates of the account are correct, I would leave it be.  I have the same thing on my CR with several accounts.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Mine still reports as NatCity after the merger. I never bothered calling them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.