Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Points Visa Issue

tag
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

PNC Points Visa Issue

When BBVA merged with PNC, my credit card was changed to the PNC Points Visa.  Since I have other cards with better rewards, I don't use the card that often.  Only on occassion since it has no AF and a $20k cl which I do not want to lose.

Two weeks ago, I was notified regarding a possible fraudulent charge on the card.  When I called and told them I had not made the charge, I was told the usual - they would cancel the card and reissue at new one that I would receive in 7-10 days.

Fast forward two weeks and no card.  When I contacted them to inquire, I was told they were having problems with their supplier and did not know when the card would be issued.  Seems like a strange response.  Have never had this happen with a new card or replacing a card with any issuer in the past.  Anyone with a similar experience?

Thanks.

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PNC Points Visa Issue

Not a strange response IMO if a lender experiences vendor fulfillment issues. You can check your online portal to view the new account number once the system updates the information. Sometimes, vendors can have these issues and a delay is to be expected. If it's been 3+ weeks, contact them to see whether any updates are available on your card's reissuance.

Unrelated to PNC, but on a recent approval, it took the issuer 4 weeks for the card to be sent to me due to issues with their supplier.

Message 2 of 5
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

Yes, had that happen with a credit union in the last six months issuing a new card because the old was about to expire. Evidently, it's the chip technology manufacturers having a shortage of materials to make the chips in the cards, which passes the delays down the pipeline to the consumer waiting.

They started reporting the shortage back in April 2022 and blamed it on the Russian/Ukraine war. You can find hundreds of articles about the shortage in Google. Here's one for reference: https://www.americanbanker.com/payments/news/a-chip-crisis-is-looming-for-payment-cards

Message 3 of 5
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Last year I opened a CC with a local CU.

They printed three CC's main and two AU's at the local branch.

Handed them to me, 5 minutes after being approved.   Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Kforce wrote:

Last year I opened a CC with a local CU.

They printed three CC's main and two AU's at the local branch.

Handed them to me, 5 minutes after being approved.   Smiley Happy

All great with that particular CU, but PNC doesn't do this. So, it doesn't really help the OP.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.