Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Premier Travel Rewards Card - (New)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC Premier Travel Rewards Card - (New)

Was just looking around because I'm bored.

PNC Bank's website says this card is new, what do you guys think of it?

-2x miles per dollar spent, where 1 mile equals 1 cent when redeemed for travel.

-30,000 point bonus with $3,000 spend in the first three months of card opening.

-No foreign transaction fees.

-$85 annual fee.

If you spend $36,000 on this card in the first year, you get $1,020 back in travel.

https://www.pnc.com/en/personal-banking/banking/credit-cards/pnc-premier-traveler-visa-credit-card.h...

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: PNC Premier Travel Rewards Card - (New)

Other than the bonus, it's just another Venture or Arrival, i.e. restricted cash back. There's absolutely no reason why anyone should pay $85 a year for this card IMO.

Message 2 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

Other than the bonus, it's just another Venture or Arrival, i.e. restricted cash back. There's absolutely no reason why anyone should pay $85 a year for this card IMO.

+1. And the annual fee on the Venture is only $59. 

Message 3 of 22
northface28
Established Contributor

For someone who has trashed Capital One for being subprime, this particular offering is trash. It's worse than the Venture and it's practically the same card.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was just looking around because I'm bored.

PNC Bank's website says this card is new, what do you guys think of it?

-2x miles per dollar spent, where 1 mile equals 1 cent when redeemed for travel.

-30,000 point bonus with $3,000 spend in the first three months of card opening.

-No foreign transaction fees.

-$85 annual fee.

If you spend $36,000 on this card in the first year, you get $1,020 back in travel.

https://www.pnc.com/en/personal-banking/banking/credit-cards/pnc-premier-traveler-visa-credit-card.html

Thanks for the share! Unfortunately, I don't know much about travel cards, but it does read a lot like Cap 1 Venture. The annual fee is $26 more and Venture offers 40K points for $3K spend. Good luck on your decisionSmiley Happy!

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear I don't want to apply for the card. I just thought a throughtful discussion would be nice. 

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless one has an excellent credit profile (high CLs, long aoaa, low util, etc), likely best to steer clear of PNC, since they seemingly deny often. Based on the cards and CLs shown in your sig, PNC seems risky. Other cards have pre-qualifier sites that help gauge whether it's worthwhile burning a HP. With PNC, it's a shot in the dark.

Message 7 of 22
dragontears
Senior Contributor

sorry to burst your bubble but this card is not "new" and has been discussed in the past

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PNC-Premier-Traveler-NEW-OFFERING/m-p/4564546/highlight...

Not sure why you want to discuss a card worse than ones you trashed 2 days ago

Message 8 of 22
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

PNC is NOT a "Big Dog" in the credit card game. They're not Chase, CIti, Capital One, Amex. They're on the level with Wells and U.S Bank, they really only want relationship banking customers. People who live in their markets and already have Checking/Savings/Mortages with them. Credit Cards are a complementary product offering to them, not a primary play at all.   The Cards they offer are for people who want all their banking in one place, and want that "total" relationship with PNC. This is why I have the 2 cards with them I do, purely for the relationship building, nothing else. PNC is credit card products are pretty boring.  

Message 9 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@northface28 wrote:
For someone who has trashed Capital One for being subprime, this particular offering is trash. It's worse than the Venture and it's practically the same card.

To be fair, this card has one feature the Venture doesn't.   From the provided link:

• Virtually no limit to the number of miles you can earn

Whereas boring old Venture is:

• Unlimited Rewards

PNC doesn't explain what "Virtually" means here!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.