Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Product Change

tag
Semi_Lost_Hiker
Valued Member

PNC Product Change

So I called in to PNC credit card customer service to try to PC my old CashBuilder to a PNC Points card and I was told that it was not possible to PC between PNC cards, only to apply for a new one. Has anyone else had any luck doing a PC with PNC or are you stuck sticking unhelpful but old cards in the sockdrawer?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: PNC Product Change

I don’t know about doing the PC but be careful with their points card. It earns 4 points per dollar but at redemption works out to basically a 1% return or even less. So you’re probably never going to beat your cashbuilder with the points system.
Message 2 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, PNC doesn't PC any of their products.
Message 3 of 13
Semi_Lost_Hiker
Valued Member

@kdm31091 wrote:
I don’t know about doing the PC but be careful with their points card. It earns 4 points per dollar but at redemption works out to basically a 1% return or even less. So you’re probably never going to beat your cashbuilder with the points system.
The CashBuilder only earns 1.5% and minimum redemption is $50. I put all my miscellaneous purchases on my Citi DoubleCash so really only keep one recurring membership on it to keep it alive. Since points don't have the minimum redemption I figured it would be better to redeem them than have cash back expire before it hits the $50 redemption.

Message 4 of 13
Semi_Lost_Hiker
Valued Member

@FinStar wrote:
Unfortunately, PNC doesn't PC any of their products.
Thank you

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the PNC cash rewards have the same redemption minimum? I have been interested in it as a gas card since I still do not have a consistent one in my wallet.

Cash builder with a minimum of 50 is brutal.
Message 6 of 13
Semi_Lost_Hiker
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the PNC cash rewards have the same redemption minimum? I have been interested in it as a gas card since I still do not have a consistent one in my wallet.

Cash builder with a minimum of 50 is brutal.
Cash Rewards has a $25 redemption minimum, it's not awful for gas(4%)/restaurants(3%) but I think there are better options out there.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My significant other refuses to leave PNC bank, so my joint account will ultimately be through them. Why not have a card through them? Also a lot of Costco gas stations in the area so VISA is a must.

4% at a minimum of $25 isn't the end of the world. Thanks for your insight! Any insight you can give me on underwriting through them? Regional banks like them tend to be selective.

Message 8 of 13
TheAuthorizedUser
New Contributor

What about the Costco Citi VISA? 4% on Gas also..

Garden Life: 4.01.20
Leaving Garden: 1.15.22
Updated: 4.15.20

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheAuthorizedUser wrote:

What about the Costco Citi VISA? 4% on Gas also..

I have a weird thing about my credit card account being attached to a wholesale club, even if I do not plan to cancel. If you do not renew your Costco membership, do they PC you to another card?

Plus Citi never gives me any prequal love. Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.