Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC ex-BBVA card promo $100 back on $500 spend

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

PNC ex-BBVA card promo $100 back on $500 spend

I got an email a little while ago announcing this promotion.  In a nutshell, spend $500 or more on your PNC card converted from a BBVA card between tomorrow and March 15 and get a $100 statement credit within 90 days.    Unknown if this promotion is extended to all such cards/cardholders or only targets specific cardholders, my former Clearpoints card that was converted to a PNC Points card is targeted.

"Good news - you can earn a $100 bonus"

Use your new PNC credit card to earn a $100 bonus. 

Get a $100 statement credit with your new PNC Visa credit card.  

Just use your new PNC credit card ending in xxxx to make $500 or more in purchases between January 15 - March 15 2022. 

"Some limited transactions, such as cash advance transactions (including the purchase of cash equivalent products) and balance transfers are excluded."

The promo requires activation. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Bestman79
Contributor

Re: PNC ex-BBVA card promo $100 back on $500 spend

Received the same offer on one my PNC Points cards. After transition from BBVA I've yet to swipe either points cards. 20% return on $500 spend, I'll gladly accept! 

TCL=$534.9K
Message 2 of 19
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I got an email a little while ago announcing this promotion.  In a nutshell, spend $500 or more on your PNC card converted from a BBVA card between tomorrow and March 15 and get a $100 statement credit within 90 days.    Unknown if this promotion is extended to all such cards/cardholders or only targets specific cardholders, my former Clearpoints card that was converted to a PNC Points card is targeted.

"Good news - you can earn a $100 bonus"

Use your new PNC credit card to earn a $100 bonus. 

Get a $100 statement credit with your new PNC Visa credit card.  

Just use your new PNC credit card ending in xxxx to make $500 or more in purchases between January 15 - March 15 2022. 

"Some limited transactions, such as cash advance transactions (including the purchase of cash equivalent products) and balance transfers are excluded."

The promo requires activation. 

I also received the email on my clearpoints/points card. In the email I received only mentions activating the card and the bonus will be automatic once you've spent $500 or more. Am I missing something, want to take advantage of the offer?

Guess some folks just SD the darn thing w/o activating! Smiley Very Happy Don't blame them at all. I wanted to test out the SP CLI, which of course was a wait til 2/2022 dud. Anyhow, always game to sign up for the bonus subs, especially at 20% CB!

bonus-1bonus-1

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 3 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep got that this morning as well came to post, but beat me to it...  Not a bad offer I guess they want us to use this cruddy card.  Haven't shipped it since it was converted.  Easy 20%+ bonus I will give it 500 spend in one purchase.

Message 4 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion strange thing is my card is activated already so anything to do or call customer service to ensure my 500 spend doesnt go to waste..  Just havent used the card since conversion

Message 5 of 19
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I got the email too!

We'll spend that at the grocery store easily!

...my card has also been sock drawered since the conversion...

I like free money!  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 19
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

I got the email too!

We'll spend that at the grocery store easily!

...my card has also been sock drawered since the conversion...

I like free money!  Smiley Happy

Maybe they've finally realized BBVA customers are not cheap dates ! Gotta pay to play baby !!Smiley Very HappyHeartSmiley LOL 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 7 of 19
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

aaaw man- no such email for me.

Guessing I am not a cool kid 🥲

Message 8 of 19
disney2
Regular Contributor

Same here.  No cool kid email either.  I wanted to use it but I guess I'll use that Harley card and get that $100 instead.  

Message 9 of 19
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

My PNC card has been SDd effectively since the conversion. 
Hinting Are ya listening PNC?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.