Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC ex-BBVA card promo $100 back on $500 spend

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: PNC ex-BBVA card promo $100 back on $500 spend

No email for me on this one. Smiley Sad

The last time I didn't get an email, either... I got a letter via snail-mail.

In any case, I'm not touching that dud of a card until/unless I get a promo offer.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 19
ficosuave
Contributor

Thought I was shut out, too, but checked a previously registered email and there it was. Only used the card once for a sub-$5 charge since the conversion.

Thanks for the heads-up, I likely would've missed it otherwise.

Message 12 of 19
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I got an email a little while ago announcing this promotion.  In a nutshell, spend $500 or more on your PNC card converted from a BBVA card between tomorrow and March 15 and get a $100 statement credit within 90 days.    Unknown if this promotion is extended to all such cards/cardholders or only targets specific cardholders, my former Clearpoints card that was converted to a PNC Points card is targeted.

"Good news - you can earn a $100 bonus"

Use your new PNC credit card to earn a $100 bonus. 

Get a $100 statement credit with your new PNC Visa credit card.  

Just use your new PNC credit card ending in xxxx to make $500 or more in purchases between January 15 - March 15 2022. 

"Some limited transactions, such as cash advance transactions (including the purchase of cash equivalent products) and balance transfers are excluded."

The promo requires activation. 

I also received the email on my clearpoints/points card. In the email I received only mentions activating the card and the bonus will be automatic once you've spent $500 or more. Am I missing something, want to take advantage of the offer?

Guess some folks just SD the darn thing w/o activating! Smiley Very Happy Don't blame them at all. I wanted to test out the SP CLI, which of course was a wait til 2/2022 dud. Anyhow, always game to sign up for the bonus subs, especially at 20% CB!

bonus-1bonus-1

What is it that you think you are missing?  The 90 days?

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 13 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I got an email a little while ago announcing this promotion.  In a nutshell, spend $500 or more on your PNC card converted from a BBVA card between tomorrow and March 15 and get a $100 statement credit within 90 days.    Unknown if this promotion is extended to all such cards/cardholders or only targets specific cardholders, my former Clearpoints card that was converted to a PNC Points card is targeted.

"Good news - you can earn a $100 bonus"

Use your new PNC credit card to earn a $100 bonus. 

Get a $100 statement credit with your new PNC Visa credit card.  

Just use your new PNC credit card ending in xxxx to make $500 or more in purchases between January 15 - March 15 2022. 

"Some limited transactions, such as cash advance transactions (including the purchase of cash equivalent products) and balance transfers are excluded."

The promo requires activation. 

I also received the email on my clearpoints/points card. In the email I received only mentions activating the card and the bonus will be automatic once you've spent $500 or more. Am I missing something, want to take advantage of the offer?

Guess some folks just SD the darn thing w/o activating! Smiley Very Happy Don't blame them at all. I wanted to test out the SP CLI, which of course was a wait til 2/2022 dud. Anyhow, always game to sign up for the bonus subs, especially at 20% CB!

bonus-1bonus-1

What is it that you think you are missing?  The 90 days?

I did a poor job phrasing my comment, the promo made a big point of detailing how to activate the card which infers receiving but not having yet activated the card was a consideration when they decided who to target with the offer.   Some of us just sockdrawered the card without activating it as the Points card is a downgrade from the Clearpoints.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 19
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion Appreciate the response.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 15 of 19
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion 

I got this too. Couldn't have come at any better time. Was about to buy DW a B-Day gift, now I can use this and still save $ on the gift too! Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 16 of 19
snapcat
Valued Member

No offer here yet, either. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 19
Innov8v

I SD'd this card also without activating. Got this email also, and activated it purely for this 20% back. The fine print says to simply use the card, no further requirement. 

You will earn a $100 monetary credit on your statement after you have made $500 in purchases between January‌ 15, 2022‌ and March‌ 15, 2022‌ with your new PNC credit card. The bonus $100 monetary credit will be awarded to your account within 90 days after the purchase that enabled you to meet the $500 minimum requirement. Bonus offer limited to one $100 statement credit per customer.

Message 18 of 19
Hex
Valued Contributor

So the day you all got your sweet, sweet offers I looked and I didn't have one.  Smiley Sad
I've been spending between $2 and $4's a month on the card. I got assigned the awful Points card at the time of the conversion. I called and asked for a product change to the Cash Rewards card and they said: "nope". The ironic thing is that day you guys got your spend offers they sent me a preapproval for the Cash Rewards card with a 14.99% APR (No CL mentioned) and a $150 sub for spending $1K in the first 3 billing cycles. 

Even if I wasn't holding off on apps I still wouldn't want this card enough to take a hit to my scores. I have a PenFed Platinum Rewards card and an AOD signature card (plus Savor and Propel) so this card really offers me nothing but a sub. I just wanted it because it was less sucky then the Points card. I guess in hindsight I shouldn't  have spent anything on my points card. Live and learn.  

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.