Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC product moratorium

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

PNC product moratorium

I currently have cash rewards with them with approval around March/April if I can recall. And was looking to apply for another product with them soon. Is there a mandatory waiting period before you can apply again between apps? 6 mo 12 mo etc?
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC product moratorium

I don't know for sure but, I got denied for INQ when I applied for a card with them.  So, there's that... the inq's were low like 5-6 at the time too.  I was kind of surprised by the denial with what I was seeing with other approvals being posted.

Message 2 of 9
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your denial. Haven’t found many data points on if there is a wait between apps. Getting kinda “antsy” around here😆

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wish i could help you Bruiser, but i cant get past the word MoratoriumSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure if there's a waiting period per se for PNC CCs, but you can always contact them and see whether there's such an internal policy. If you don't want to risk a HP then wait it out.

Anything that appeals of having a 2nd CC with them?
Message 5 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
I'm not sure if there's a waiting period per se for PNC CCs, but you can always contact them and see whether there's such an internal policy. If you don't want to risk a HP then wait it out.

As of late they've been floating targeted offers that while not exceptional have been halfway decent. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 9
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wish i could help you Bruiser, but i cant get past the word MoratoriumSmiley Wink

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy too funny!! Just trying to be all fancy in here of late huhSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I decided against the second guessing and just called thier sales dept and it was confirmed that there is no wait in between apps. You can even place 2 app for different products at the very same time. Also of note for those that may not know, there is sp cli's every 6 months according to the rep I spoke with.

As for a second card appeal, they have this core visa visa the offers BT for up to 18 months with pre mailer sometimes. Even the cold app would get 15 months BT 0% APR so it will come in quite handy for some. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

As of late they've been floating targeted offers that while not exceptional have been halfway decent. 

+1. I saw your approval  a few days ago for the core visa. Just a no frills card but very unique BT offer for some.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.