Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POW! Another Huntington CLD

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

POW! Another Huntington CLD

This is the 2nd consecutive Huntington CLD received in 2 weeks. This time they punched a line carrying a 5K balance that the limit was 21K and they chopped it to 10K. Got the email today. Guess i'll be PIF that BT and take my licks on the limit reduction but as sudden as this was there's sure to be a utility rise in the meantime.

They also been a stable account for some years but recently, combined with 5/3 doing their CLD, things are looking some tightening is surely spreading. This makes 2 regionals where i have experience this, first ever since i began building a profile well after the 2008 crash.

I also seen someone post a topic that all their Citi cards were closed. If any of the primes start to do the same it's a sure bet something serious is in the works.

21 REPLIES 21
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: POW! Another Huntington CLD

Sorry to hear Credit Magic Smiley Sad  Huntington and 5/3 are both Ohio based, which makes me wonder if there's something in that particular market that may be happening behind the scenes?

This is getting kinda spooky though! So far, (knock on wood) everything I have in my signature has been rock solid. I'm definitely staying in the garden another 18 months from the Savor and Clearpoints I just picked up. I'm glad I've diversified myself with many lenders with the way things seem to be going around the credit markets. I *do* put a LOT of spend through my cards, thanks to work reimbursements, so I'm hoping my value continues to outweigh whatever perceived risk I could be seen as.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the Citi one was all retail not legacy/core.  Not sure what got up DSNB's butt about that too many TL's but, it sure looks like your profile is attracting some unwanted attn.  I just BT'd a small balance off a regional because they were pissing me off with their lack of ability to communicate and their online payments don't remember the routing/account info for manual payments that have been made.  I did figure out how to move points from one account to the other in a round about way of gifting them to myself but, there's a 180 day expiration attached to gifting vs having them move them.  

We shall see what happens and who gets chopped and who does the chopping.  

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

This really is a most unfortunate state of affairs! You have worked the credit scene with an eye to benefits for many years. Once this starts will it continue? That is the scary part especially with lenders that have been stable over time! Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Is there something in your profile that lenders wouldn't like?  There's no denying that things are definitely tightening up across the board, but this still doesn't happen randomly. There's something triggering reviews. I just don't want everyone to go into panic mode. It serves as a good reminder of everyone to be careful with credit seeking, balance carrying, etc, but I'm still wondering why you'd be targeted by two different banks in short succession.

Message 5 of 22
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Is there something in your profile that lenders wouldn't like?  There's no denying that things are definitely tightening up across the board, but this still doesn't happen randomly. There's something triggering reviews. I just don't want everyone to go into panic mode. It serves as a good reminder of everyone to be careful with credit seeking, balance carrying, etc, but I'm still wondering why you'd be targeted by two different banks in short succession.

I was wondering the same thing. But either way, I will continue to keep my outstanding balances low or PIF just in case the big boys decide to follow suit. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 22
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

That sucks!

Sorry to hear it OP.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7  sorry Smiley Sad

I only have one question, how much did you have in total CLs before all this started? 

The only reason I ask, is that sometimes smaller (relatively speaking, of course) lenders and CUs get spooked with too much available credit. 

Message 8 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

From previous posts, if there's a tendency of shifting BTs or sizeable balances from lender to lender and depending on the duration of said BTs, this could be a factor in the AA/CLDs.

If this were a widespread effort by 5/3 and Huntington (not just the "regional" thing), then we'd be seeing lots of individuals (not just 2 or 3 by causation) who would be experiencing similar AA.

All my accounts with both lenders remain intact and I'm sure I'm not the only one with 5/3 and Huntington tradelines with a fairly large exposure.

There is something about the profile/recent activities they are uneasy about.
Message 9 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear this. Email??? Its not a legal form of this type of communication hope they send you a letter in the mail as well.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.