Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POW! Another Huntington CLD

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: POW! Another Huntington CLD

One thing I did not mention in my earlier posts is I reduced the CLs on both my Huntington Voice and 5/3rd myself to a fixed forever 5K unless I request CLI myself. Huntington tried to talk me out of it saying I could not request a CLI for at least 6 months, had em do it anyway. 5/3rd didnt even bat an eye nor try to save it.

Message 21 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: POW! Another Huntington CLD

@gdale6 wrote:

One thing I did not mention in my earlier posts is I reduced the CLs on both my Huntington Voice and 5/3rd myself to a fixed forever 5K unless I request CLI myself. Huntington tried to talk me out of it saying I could not request a CLI for at least 6 months, had em do it anyway. 5/3rd didnt even bat an eye nor try to save it.

Not such a bad idea locally for me on this end depending on which lender it's decided i want to scale back myself where they will look favorably on that sort of request.

Also am considering after this a prudent proactive measure to begin some card trimming again. With 30 card accounts and routine rotation of differing low to mid balances on approx. 1/3rd of them at any one time. So as not to spook other lenders i always try to spread the closings apart. For example last month i closed out Chase and there are some others which are SD for awhile that might be better served to cut loose just in case there comes a squeeze on the big boys. The pair of 5/3 CLD cards are now closed and that in a way helped pushed ahead some closings i think i want slated to scale back card quantity to 20. 

The CU cards along with the Primes are and have been Solid. As far as that goes Synchrony have been solid as a rock as well. Most all sporting 20-25K lines.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.