Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC adding foreign transaction fee starting on 7/25/21

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PPMC adding foreign transaction fee starting on 7/25/21

PayPal Cashback Mastercard is adding a 3% foreign transaction fee starting on 7/25/21.Screenshot 2021-05-26 10.21.50 PM.png

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PPMC adding foreign transaction fee starting on 7/25/21

Thank you for sharing the information.

Message 2 of 34
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Booooooo.  Smiley Mad  I don't even have one, and that's what I have to say about it.

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boy Synchrony really wants to shed a lot of customers. All of these shutdowns, the total loss of the Marvel account, now the FTF for PayPal Cashback (which make no mistake was a huge perk of this card over many other options)... What's next, Amazon Store Card goes to Capital One like Walmart before it?

Message 4 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Boy Synchrony really wants to shed a lot of customers. All of these shutdowns, the total loss of the Marvel account, now the FTF for PayPal Cashback (which make no mistake was a huge perk of this card over many other options)... What's next, Amazon Store Card goes to Capital One like Walmart before it?

True, currently the only time I use the card is for foreign transactions.    Makes the Penfed option look more attractive (and of course AOD)

Message 5 of 34
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Wow . . . that's a bummer . . . thanks for posting!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 34
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

That's some serious nerfing going on; this basically makes the card duplicative for me save for padding CLs- the side benefits are lame since mine is a MC not a MC World Elite, and I'm carrying a SoFi MC World Elite + Fidelity Visa Signature...

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 7 of 34
fuzzle
Regular Contributor

Goes from being my favorite card to the sock drawer, though there are not enough other options. The bright side is I won't get nervous every time I see the Synch shutdown thread

Message 8 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I also think the FTF change is pretty rare.    The ones I remember are all the other way, a card drops the FTF.    I wonder if the card was heavily used for foreign transactions and so was expensive for them, or if it's just a "why not, get some extra money that way"

Message 9 of 34
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I was actually pondering this card as a second option and this was the reasoning why... An MC with no FTF with a decent cashback... 

Another reason to pass this offer up and stay in the garden....,

-J

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.