PPMC adding foreign transaction fee starting on 7/25/21

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PPMC adding foreign transaction fee starting on 7/25/21

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

Synchrony, making all your nightmares come true. There's a fine line between devaluing a card, and just making a card worthless. With other options out there, I'm going with worthless!!!

Smiley Surprised

I mean it's still a 2% cash back card with no minimum redemption or deposit requirements or other gimmicks. This will certainly be a hit for a number of people who rely on this card when traveling though. 

No one should rely on a Sync card for anything. They are the definition of a hot mess. 

I agree with you. I'm closing my Amazon Store Card on the 1st and I'll be Sync free. Just can't trust them anymore. 

Message 21 of 34
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Oddly enough im not a big traveler but ftfs can add up with even something like registering and upgrading software...  

-J

Message 22 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Message 23 of 34
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Has anyone with this card verified that they got charged an FTF since this took effect?

I am asking because, at this point, I do not know who to trust. I had a webchat with a representative and told me that my card still does not have FTF (which I asked for a transcription of). Rep was confident that he told me he'll slap the people at their back end (not his exact words, except for the "back end").

I called Synchrony and essentially said the same thing, even going so far as to put a note on my account that I'll be refunded if there is an FX fee charged on my account. (Based on my past experience, they're really good at reimbursements). I had the phone rep ask her manager and after a long wait, confirmed it too.

I also tried calling the "reject changes" number provided, but they could not identify my account number.

(need to know if I should re-evaluate my portfolio)

Message 24 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

Has anyone with this card verified that they got charged an FTF since this took effect?

I am asking because, at this point, I do not know who to trust. I had a webchat with a representative and told me that my card still does not have FTF (which I asked for a transcription of). Rep was confident that he told me he'll slap the people at their back end (not his exact words, except for the "back end").

I called Synchrony and essentially said the same thing, even going so far as to put a note on my account that I'll be refunded if there is an FX fee charged on my account. (Based on my past experience, they're really good at reimbursements). I had the phone rep ask her manager and after a long wait, confirmed it too.

I also tried calling the "reject changes" number provided, but they could not identify my account number.

My July statement included the change in terms:

Additional Information about the Foreign Transaction Fee change
We are adding a Foreign Transaction Fee applicable to your account. The following Foreign
Transaction Fee terms will be added to your credit card agreement. Please keep this important
document for your records.

IF that appeared on your statement, I would be pretty sure that the FTF will apply to your account, no matter what is said by the reps.   If you didn't get that, then maybe....

Message 25 of 34
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

My July statement included the change in terms:

Additional Information about the Foreign Transaction Fee change
We are adding a Foreign Transaction Fee applicable to your account. The following Foreign
Transaction Fee terms will be added to your credit card agreement. Please keep this important
document for your records.

IF that appeared on your statement, I would be pretty sure that the FTF will apply to your account, no matter what is said by the reps.   If you didn't get that, then maybe....

So did mine. 👎👎 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 26 of 34
cws-21
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@GrandBay wrote:

@longtimelurker    is that for all of TD's cards? 

According to https://www.doctorofcredit.com/td-bank-adds-3-foreign-transaction-fee-to-their-credit-cards/

all of them

@longtimelurkerand others, what do you think the chances are that there will be a foreign transaction fee added to the Target Mastercard given it is serviced by TD?

Message 27 of 34
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

It may be a case by case basis for existing cardholders. The only change in my T&C for the last 4 months is the currency conversion process for international transactions. I have no FTF as of this time.

Message 28 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

It may be a case by case basis for existing cardholders. The only change in my T&C for the last 4 months is the currency conversion process for international transactions. I have no FTF as of this time.

As a DP.. mine is a plain MC, not even world, despite the $25K CL.   So don't know if tier impacts whether/when a FTF is adde

Message 29 of 34
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

As a DP.. mine is a plain MC, not even world, despite the $25K CL.   So don't know if tier impacts whether/when a FTF is adde

Mine is a regular also

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.