Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC adding foreign transaction fee starting on 7/25/21

tag
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Re: PPMC adding foreign transaction fee starting on 7/25/21

@longtimelurker wrote:

IF that appeared on your statement, I would be pretty sure that the FTF will apply to your account, no matter what is said by the reps.   If you didn't get that, then maybe....

I did get that in my statement, which is why I am very concerned because I am getting conflicting answers (I am just about ready to apply for another card, just need confirmation). I guess at this point, there really is only one way to find out. As soon as I have the chance to purchase something internationally, I'll let you know. I was just hoping somebody else has tested it. Thanks.

(I just closed a statement, so it'll be a while before I can verify it).

Message 31 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

IF that appeared on your statement, I would be pretty sure that the FTF will apply to your account, no matter what is said by the reps.   If you didn't get that, then maybe....

I did get that in my statement, which is why I am very concerned because I am getting conflicting answers (I am just about ready to apply for another card, just need confirmation). I guess at this point, there really is only one way to find out. As soon as I have the chance to purchase something internationally, I'll let you know. I was just hoping somebody else has tested it. Thanks.

(I just closed a statement, so it'll be a while before I can verify it).

Then I really wouldn't over think, I would take it as (practically) certain that the FTF applies to your account.  CSRs getting things wrong is hardly unknown!

Message 32 of 34
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote: Then I really wouldn't over think, I would take it as (practically) certain that the FTF applies to your account.  CSRs getting things wrong is hardly unknown!

Yeah, I'm kinda 95% leaning that FTF is now a thing. I just needed a definitive answer. Anyway, I contacted them again, and after multiple verifications with their managers, I finally get them to admit that the information they were providing is incorrect and outdated.

So yeah, this "everywhere" card will be a sock drawer, US-only backup card. (I do not like using cards with FTF - I see it as a surprise fee in case I forget.)

Message 33 of 34
MacCreed
Valued Member

Sync will sink!  Smiley LOL

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.