Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA: Chase Sapphire Preferred 50k Offer (Sign-up & Referral) YMMV

tag
lmashimaru
Valued Member

PSA: Chase Sapphire Preferred 50k Offer (Sign-up & Referral) YMMV

Not sure if this was posted yet, but currently they have 50k signup bonus for 3k spent with in 3 months of approval. Also there is a targetted offer to refer friends to sign up (5k per person on approval up to 50k). I got my CSP last month, and sent a secured message recently and they gave me the 10k difference since i got the 40k sign up bonus but i think it may be YMMV. 

Good Luck!

Edit: Also the min. spending may be 2k if you apply in branch, but thats also YMMV and may have changed.

Experian - 749 Equifax - 765 Transunion - 756 [ FAKO EnhancedITP Pulled 06/07/2014 ]
Cards:
Chase [Sapphire Preferred - $5000] :: [Freedom - $ 2000] :: [Slate - $500] :: [Amazon Visa - $1000]
Barclays [Arrival + - $900]
In the Garden for a long time now that I've gotten the cards i want.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
One7
Valued Contributor

Re: PSA: Chase Sapphire Preferred 50k Offer (Sign-up & Referral) YMMV

Wow that's awesome! Sure this will entice many to apply for it

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 2 of 11
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

@lmashimaru wrote:

Not sure if this was posted yet, but currently they have 50k signup bonus for 3k spent with in 3 months of approval. Also there is a targetted offer to refer friends to sign up (5k per person on approval up to 50k). I got my CSP last month, and sent a secured message recently and they gave me the 10k difference since i got the 40k sign up bonus but i think it may be YMMV. 

Good Luck!

Edit: Also the min. spending may be 2k if you apply in branch, but thats also YMMV and may have changed.

Chase website still says 40k signup bonus after 3k spent in 3 months. 

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 3 of 11
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

The only way you can get 50k on CSP is through branch and chase private clients. The referral offer is only 40k. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 4 of 11
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

The only way you can get 50k on CSP is through branch and chase private clients. The referral offer is only 40k. 

So the 50k is only for branch applications?

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 5 of 11
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

@SMDLiquid wrote:

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

So the 50k is only for branch applications?

I have heard of people getting 50K through branch, but I don't think they are offering 50k right now unless you are a chase private client. The only thing branch offers is lower spending requirement, $2000 compares to $3000. Online has always been 40k with exception of the $125 annual fee version awhile ago. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 6 of 11
lmashimaru
Valued Member

Like i said its YMMV, It might've been because i was in VA, now im in NY, but i looked at the chase site and saw that they had 50k up so i secured messaged and got it. Also heres a copy paste the targetted refferal. Im assuming these are all YMMV and targetted.

XXXXX, 
INVITE FRIENDS TO EXPERIENCE CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED® ...
RECEIVE UP TO 50,000 BONUS POINTS
That's 5,000 points for each friend, up to ten
Experian - 749 Equifax - 765 Transunion - 756 [ FAKO EnhancedITP Pulled 06/07/2014 ]
Cards:
Chase [Sapphire Preferred - $5000] :: [Freedom - $ 2000] :: [Slate - $500] :: [Amazon Visa - $1000]
Barclays [Arrival + - $900]
In the Garden for a long time now that I've gotten the cards i want.
Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just a reminder, although we are all 'friends' myFICO does not allow links for referral bonuses; Either by posting a link or sending via PMs. 

Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Message 8 of 11
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Their site is still showing 40k for me. I would assume that regardless of our state when we log into Chase we'd all be seeing the same thing on their website. Who knows... I was holding out for a 50K CSP offer to roll around so I hope this somehow becomes true for the rest of us.

Message 9 of 11
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@lmashimaru wrote:

Like i said its YMMV, It might've been because i was in VA, now im in NY, but i looked at the chase site and saw that they had 50k up so i secured messaged and got it. Also heres a copy paste the targetted refferal. Im assuming these are all YMMV and targetted.

XXXXX, 
INVITE FRIENDS TO EXPERIENCE CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED® ...
RECEIVE UP TO 50,000 BONUS POINTS
That's 5,000 points for each friend, up to ten

I got the same offer I am also in NY.  I got one in the mail and also it is on my account page.  My freedom account also has an offer but that one says $50 dollars per person.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.