Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA - Check your accounts for fraud charges

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSA - Check your accounts for fraud charges

Chase Amazon card specifically. 

I had a charge for Land's End $16.xx pending show up which has never been a merchant I've used this card for.  Of course it could be nothing and someone put in the wrong card number while placing an order but, of course we all know it could be more with whomever is attempting a small charge to see if it goes through for more spend if it does.

Reported it to Chase through SM to keep an eye on it and deny it if all of the info matches my card.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: PSA - Check your accounts for fraud charges

I went thru something similiar where I was questioning a merchant charge on my dining card.

At first I thought it was a one-time fraud, but than when I did a search, I found this merchant scattered through my every statement for the past year. Turns out that a local entrepreneur named Joe Smith owns Joe Smith Construction, aka JSC L.L., who also happens to own the local Dairy Queen.

In my case, I knew there was an answer. I started tracking my spending and receipts until I matched up who exactly JSC L.L was. I hope in ends up being something safe and similiar in your case.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can literally count the times I've used the card on 1 hand.  4 times @ Amazon and 1 time for a phone bill.  It's been at least 6 months since it's been used at all and I never shop at the merchant that showed up.

Chase already cancelled the card and sent a new one. 

Definitely not a case of mistaken identity when it comes to merchants not being recognized.

Message 3 of 4
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Glad you caught it in time. I definitely try to keep an eye on my cards and balances every few days.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.