Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA: Disco PCing cards UNSOLICITED

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: PSA: Disco PCing cards UNSOLICITED

@zerofire wrote:

I think Discover was trying to just be useful. It just so happened to be a fail. I recommend just letting bygones be bygones.

+1

Message 11 of 16
Yankee2
Regular Contributor

I've had the Discover Gas and Restraunt card since 2007. I stopped using it in 2017 when I got better cards. 

I didn't know you could PC cards and I opened a new Discover IT card in 2018.  I noticed then I was able to add the 5% categories to the Resturant card account..... (which your not supposed to do....)

I don't remember ever getting notified that they changed my original card to the standard IT...

Message 12 of 16
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Yankee2 wrote:

I've had the Discover Gas and Restraunt card since 2007. I stopped using it in 2017 when I got better cards. 

I didn't know you could PC cards and I opened a new Discover IT card in 2018.  I noticed then I was able to add the 5% categories to the Resturant card account..... (which your not supposed to do....)

I don't remember ever getting notified that they changed my original card to the standard IT...

The Discover Gas and Restaurant card became the Discover It Chrome I think. Over the years they might have swapped it out underneath your gaze. You have to remember cards expire every 2-5yr with 3yr as the normal length.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

theres a lot of people reporting that they're doing this for the usbank visa+ too, if you don't put enough spend thru it then it gets pc'd to something else.

Message 14 of 16
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I think this was a ham-handed attempt at a win-win. "He's not using this card, let's offer him a different card and see if he likes it more." Probably based on algorithms rather than human intervention.

One minor comment, the Discover secured card can be PCed (while still secured) to the 5% rotating categories version and perhaps to any version. I only tried 5% rotating categories. The Discover secured card is really the same as the unsecured card, other than how CL/deposit works. Mentioning because somebody said that the secured card has limited rewards value.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KJinNC wrote:

I think this was a ham-handed attempt at a win-win. "He's not using this card, let's offer him a different card and see if he likes it more." Probably based on algorithms rather than human intervention.

One minor comment, the Discover secured card can be PCed (while still secured) to the 5% rotating categories version and perhaps to any version. I only tried 5% rotating categories. The Discover secured card is really the same as the unsecured card, other than how CL/deposit works. Mentioning because somebody said that the secured card has limited rewards value.

I can verify that info as well, i PC-ed my chrome to an IT card within the first month after approval of the secured card.  Granted that was 2+ years ago, but i doubt that rule has changed since there hasn't been an uproar on the site Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.