cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU approved 20k Visa/PSL

tag
Established Contributor

PSECU approved 20k Visa/PSL

I was instantly approved today for a 20k Visa/PSL from PSECU.

I called in to apply and was informed by the frontline CSR and the subsequent approval department that if I apply at the same time for the Visa and the PSL,  PSECU will only require 1 hard inquiry for both.

A special thanks to HTSU for her original post  "Yes, you too can join PSECU...".

I joined PSECU as a direct result of this original post and her instructions thereto.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: PSECU approved 20k Visa/PSL

Congrats man, thats one heck of a credit line.. I was recently declined for their visa due to too many new accounts, and a few other reasons.  Whats your experian report look like, i want to know what i have to improve so i can try again in a year like the CSR reccomended.

Congrats again!

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Established Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

Congrats man, thats one heck of a credit line.. I was recently declined for their visa due to too many new accounts, and a few other reasons.  Whats your experian report look like, i want to know what i have to improve so i can try again in a year like the CSR reccomended.

Congrats again!

Thank You.

EX FICO score was exactly 800 as of 2/14/11 (PSECU). Zero negatives. One inquiry 12/3/10 due to application for PSECU membership. Utilization <1% ($53).

When I applied, my concern was not the strength of my credit report. My primary concern was that I already had $163,500 in available CL's with $131,000 in annual income.

If one will practice the advice easily obtained here one can/will be successful improving one's credit health in time.

My credit success is mostly a result of advice I obtained from the myFICO community.

edited spelling error

Message 3 of 8
RammaCredit
New Contributor

Congrats man, that's one heck of a credit line.. I was recently declined for their visa due to too many new accounts, and a few other reasons.  Whats your experian report look like, i want to know what i have to improve so i can try again in a year like the CSR reccomended.

Congrats again!

Hi Chaos all is not over. If you were declined ask for a recon from the credit committee. My Credit  History is limited and the initially declined me for the Visa for 15K and I asked for recon. and the approved me for 5k Smiley Tongue which was aight considering that I have only one other credit card that I just opened in November of 2010 with a 500.00 limit but a 0 bal. Then I called in this morning and was approved to refinance my car which has a current interest rate of 24% which I am now getting a rate of 3.99%. PSECU is super fast and they will look out if you are doing everything you are suppose to.

Transfer your balances they have a current promotion of 3.9% until 12/2012.  good luck!

Starting Score: TU:636 EQ:592
Current Score: TU:709 EQ:637 EX:706 (PSECU)
Goal Score: TU:790EQ:760 EX: 774

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too!

Got the welcome packet in the mail today, so thought what the heck, I'll go for it.

$20,000 combo, instant approval all I had to do was fax the signature sheet and it showed up on my account within a hour.

I did not think my Fico was anywhere near good enough.

8 inquires in the last year.

Experian fico 696

No baddies

Highest line was $7500 through Penfed

12% Utilitization.

Did it just in time too as doing kitchen remodeling and some big charges are getting ready to hit which will take the utilitzation up to 26%

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy crap you already have 163,500 in available credit??  Smiley Surprised   must be niice!

Message 6 of 8
Established Contributor

sib, congratulations obtaining your first 5 figure CL!

You will find that higher CL's will foster higher CL approvals.

Message 7 of 8
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy crap you already have 163,500 in available credit??  Smiley Surprised   must be niice!

Clearly, I do not expect to use anywhere near my available credit. I  now have 7 CC's and two LOC's that average over 20k.

The combined credit lines do allow me to easily keep my utilization below 9% if an emergency arises. Fox example, with my new PSECU Visa I will be able to allow $16,000 to report and still keep my utilization below 9%. This will prevent my FICO score from falling too much if I choose to do so and is my primary reason for obtaining this amount of available credit.

In time, if you choose, you can significantly increase your available credit provided you adhere to the advice obtained from the boards at myFICO. I did and am grateful to the myFICO community for the invaluable help.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.