Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU "pre-qualified for up to $10,000"

tag
Established Contributor

Re: PSECU "pre-qualified for up to $10,000"

Congratulations!

Excellent application info. Time to buy a new spade for gardening!

Message Edited by plasticman on 07-31-2009 12:28 PM
Message 21 of 37
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@haiti222 wrote:

In my experience, that letter is golden. I was not going to apply for a card with them because I had just gotten a 10k NFCU card and had just bought a condo. They did a hard (EQ I think) and sent me a 7k card with a 4.9 no fee balance transfer offer with a go to rate of 9.9.

Okay....I was weak and said "What the heck" and put the application in.....APPROVED $10,000 just as the pre-qualified letter said.  I just have to print out the Acceptance and Activation documents and mail them in.

So haiti222, I guess your "golden letter" theory is accurate....cause I really was just waiting for the decline letter to see what they listed on the most hated on my CR list.

PSECU must not be too hard based upon inquiries and new accounts, cause I got 10 inquiries in 2 years and 4 in the past 1 year and a boat load of new, high CL accounts.  AND, Experian is my worst CR.  Much less AAoA, shorter overall age/olest account, most inquiries, etc.

My real problem is curiousity kills me.  When they sent the pre-qual letter, I'm just curious what that really means. 

HTSU, you may now tie my hands and take away my "submit" button  Smiley Happy

HTSU, will please tie my hands with the same rope?

Since reading txjohn's more recent post, my knees are wobbling, my fingers are twiching and my head is spinning a new application web. I am getting weaker by the moment to apply for another credit card myself !!

Message 22 of 37
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I have the disciplne to restrain myself right now, but it looks like PSECU is on the "futures" list.
Message 23 of 37
pattycake
Established Contributor

So much for the "Sleigh Center."  It's more like the Txjohn Center for App Addicts.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 24 of 37
fused
Moderator Emeritus

pattycake wrote:
So much for the "Sleigh Center."  It's more like the Txjohn Center for App Addicts.  

I hope you're trying to be humorous, right?Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@pattycake wrote:

I hope you're trying to be humorous, right?Smiley Happy

LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

I thought so.  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 37
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Good!Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:

lol, shoot, no! As long as you're willing to be "Kowalski" (as in all the classic WWII movies) and stick your head up out of the trench, I'm perfectly happy to let you run!

Thanks for yet another nice piece of investigative reporting. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

lol, shoot, no! As long as you're willing to be "Kowalski" (as in all the classic WWII movies) and stick your head up out of the trench, I'm perfectly happy to let you run!

Thanks for yet another nice piece of investigative reporting. Smiley Wink

We don't have a huge sampling of results yet, but I have to say, it appears that if you have decent EX credit, then PSECU is a 2 for 1 benefit CU....apparently more relaxed lending/credit (kinda feels a little like NFCU) and a FICO score for EX.

Message 29 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ahhhhh... if only I could qualify.

At any rate, enjoy.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.