Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paceline "Healthy CC" thru Evolve Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paceline "Healthy CC" thru Evolve Bank

Saw this offer on Doctor of Credit. I read the comments and, while still undecided, am definitely intrigued. If I read it correctly, meet your modest exercise goal and get 3% on everything and 5% on category spend. No limits that I saw. Plus the free (reimbursed) Apple watch? $60.00 annual fee offsets some of the goodies. 

Searched here and got a goose egg. Surely someone has taken the leap? Questions I have:

* Underwriting process?

* Easy to qualify for?

* Limits given?

* CLI? HP? Which?

And then: what's life like with the card? Any issues? 

I look forward to answers from those who have experience with the card or lender. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paceline "Healthy CC" thru Evolve Bank

Source: https://paceline.fit/credit-card/

It looks like (in the fine print at the bottom of the page linked above) its only 1.5% to 2.5% unless you reach a qualifying purchase amount each month, which then goes to 3% to 5% and they also mention a $60 af.

Message 2 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It's stupid gimmicks like this that make me appreciate 1.5% cash back cards 

Message 3 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

But, don't forget...(according to the site)

"150 minutes of activity means more rewards"

I'm not even touching how folks define "activity" 😂 but rewards are rewards!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drifter73 wrote:

It looks like (in the fine print at the bottom of the page linked above) its only 1.5% to 2.5% unless you reach a qualifying purchase amount each month, which then goes to 3% to 5% and they also mention a $60 af.

I see no spend requirement and the AF is mentioned in the original post. Perhaps you confuse Paceline "activity" as a spend requirement when it is a 150 minute exercise requirement? Or maybe it's my eyesight is poor. Would you copy and paste the exact text you cite please?

Message 5 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Anybody read the terms of service for your banking information . Yikes 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Besides the AF, the rewards [T&C] footnote has some potential drawbacks for individuals who may frequently use mobile wallets or similar payment methods:

1. Paceline Cardholders earn 1.5% cash back on qualifying purchases and 2.5% on qualifying Health & Wellness purchases. Achieving your weekly Paceline Streak will double your cash back for that week to 3% and 5% respectively. See your Paceline Rewards Program Terms Agreement for explanation and details about the Paceline Streak. See Paceline Cash Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for additional details. A qualifying Health & Wellness purchase is based on merchant category codes (MCC), and in the case of merchant specific rewards, on the merchant name provided to us, by the merchant’s credit card processor. Purchases made through third-party payment accounts, mobile or wireless card readers, mobile or digital wallets or similar technology may not be eligible for Health & Wellness rewards. Paceline makes every effort to include all relevant merchants in its Health & Wellness rewards categories. However, some merchants may not be classified in a particular category based on their classification with their credit card processor. If this occurs, purchases with that merchant will not qualify for Health & Wellness rewards.

Message 7 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

But, don't forget...(according to the site)

"150 minutes of activity means more rewards"

I'm not even touching how folks define "activity" 😂 but rewards are rewards!

My couch reawrds me for 150 minutes of inactivity. 

Message 8 of 21
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Drifter73 wrote:

I see no spend requirement and the AF is mentioned in the original post. Perhaps you confuse Paceline "activity" as a spend requirement when it is a 150 minute exercise requirement? Or maybe it's my eyesight is poor. Would you copy and paste the exact text you cite please?

It looks like finstar already quoted it and bolded in red.

There's more specific qualifying speech here: https://paceline.fit/legal/paceline-cash-rewards-program-terms-and-conditions/

Message 9 of 21
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Yea something about them taking up to 24 months of financial transaction history of any account you link ( so if you link your checking account but also have credit card with the bank, they will see transaction history of both checking and credit cards.) I guess best suggestion is to create a "burner" bank account you transfer money into to pay for the paceline credit card.

Edit: Also looks like breakeven compared to a flat 2% cashback card would be 6000$ in spend. After that point, the Paceline credit card wins out but before that, it loses. (ignored the 5% categories which can make it sweeter but makes math more complicated)

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.