cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid 1st Zync statement before please pay date ;)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid 1st Zync statement before please pay date ;)

@TheConductor wrote:

Way to go!

If I were you, I would definitely let that big 7k balance go to your statement and report to the CRAs this month. You might take a small temporary score ding this month, but long-term having that reporting as your high balance is going to look good on future apps for credit.

Love to see people climbing back up with good habits!

Thanks.  I plan on letting it report.  I will app for NFCU once my Walmart updates (statement cuts on 2nd) and then I'll garden for 6 months until Refi so the reporting of a high balance on Zync will not hurt me at all.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 26
dude11
Regular Contributor

@RAZIUG wrote:

Is this facebook?  I thought I was on myFICO.

First post, long time lurker.  I swear some of these threads people treat it like a facebook page with pointless updates.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I first read this post. Sorry if some of you get offended but after reading several posts frequently it does appear like some people treat this as a facebook type of forum for credit cards. LOL. I appreciate all of the help I have received here and I myself have been rebuilding for the past couple of years. It also feels great to see the progress I have made but I don't see the need for me to tell the whole world aout how and when I use my cards or that I have applied for anything. To each his own.

Message 12 of 26
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@dude11 wrote:

@RAZIUG wrote:

Is this facebook?  I thought I was on myFICO.

First post, long time lurker.  I swear some of these threads people treat it like a facebook page with pointless updates.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I first read this post. Sorry if some of you get offended but after reading several posts frequently it does appear like some people treat this as a facebook type of forum for credit cards. LOL. I appreciate all of the help I have received here and I myself have been rebuilding for the past couple of years. It also feels great to see the progress I have made but I don't see the need for me to tell the whole world aout how and when I use my cards or that I have applied for anything. To each his own.

its a free public place. if you dont want to read it noone is forcing you too. 

plus there is a great search feature that leads you to wherever you want to go. 

you clicked on it because you were interested in what it was going to say. 

now that you did and you dont like it. hold on lemme get that 7 seconds you wasted looking at this back for you. 

just saying. it is what it is. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 13 of 26
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

No offense taken Dude.  I see this board as serving two independent and necessary functions: 1. Providing useful information about credit and credit products; and 2. Providing its members support.  While I see the need to avoid the daily posts of everything that goes on in people's credit life's, I think an occasional post about milestones and how your progressing is useful.  My first AMEX bill after 20 years of not having one is a milestone for me.

But your point is taken, I don't want this board to be inundated with daily status updates, a la Facebook.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 26
RAZIUG

You came out from the shadows to post this as your first post?  A couple points real quick:

1. Some of the people that are here, myself included, are here because of rebuilding.  In the past they may have failed to pay debts on time.  Posts like this one reinforce positive and responsible repayment of debt in a timely manner.  (This was my biggest weakness in my CRs and posting here serves as a reminder of how I can't ignore my responsibilities like I did in the past.)

2. If you had lurked through my older posts you would had realized that it was a personal milestone for me to get back in with AMEX.  For a long litany of reasons, payments to AMEX signify that I'm on the right steps in my rebuild and doors that once were closed to me are now open due to the positive steps I have taken and continue to take. 

3. My post shows a change in attitude for me in which I am no longer worried about when my next bill is due but celebrate it.  Its another opportunity for an on-time payment and reflects the new financial responsiblity that I'm aserting in my life.

4. Lastly, lets weigh my contributions to MyFICO vs. yours.  You have lurked in the shadows and have not contributed a single point of useful, helpful or insightful information to these message boards.  You have not supported a single member in their individual goals.  Compare this to my contributions: In 5 months I have posted almost 1400 topics and responses and have sent hundreds of PM's to members and responded to numerous requests for information.  I have given advice, celebrated the successes of others and tried to help them out of difficult situations.  So if you want to compare who is useless and pointless I will take my odds against you every day of the week!

1.  Alot of people are here for that reason, including myself.

2. Congrats!  You are back with AMEX.  I'm sure we all knew you would use your card and pay the statement balance.  We do not need to know the first purchase you put on the card, when you have paid your statement, etc. 

3.  Again, congrats!  But you do no neet to fill the forum with your 'Happy Thoughts".  Keep that on Facebook.

4.  Never said you contributed nothing to myFICO or its memebers.  I am sure you have done much more than a number of people here, including myself.  But these forums are getting cluttered with junk threads, such as this one. 

Good day!

Message 15 of 26
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@RAZIUG wrote:

2. Congrats!  You are back with AMEX.  I'm sure we all knew you would use your card and pay the statement balance.  We do not need to know the first purchase you put on the card, when you have paid your statement, etc. 

3.  Again, congrats!  But you do no neet to fill the forum with your 'Happy Thoughts".  Keep that on Facebook.

4.  Never said you contributed nothing to myFICO or its memebers.  I am sure you have done much more than a number of people here, including myself.  But these forums are getting cluttered with junk threads, such as this one. 

Good day!

im not sure about you but i do not post anything money related on facebook.  and i doubt if half or even 3/4 of the people on my facebook knew what id be talking about. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 16 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hey guys,

While I can personally appreciate both sides of this argument, can we try to keep it civil?  If it weren't for the hamster-powered search function which mostly certainly isn't Google, there really wouldn't be an issue with "clutter" as some have described it.

The forum is a social place, and has been stated, nobody is forcing anyone to read posts... I know I skip the vast majority of "CLI approved!" threads as an example.   While I agree this was more of a social post rather than specific to Credit Cards, and as such it might've been better over in the Smorgasboard, it's not like we're killing baby seals with posts like this.

My thoughts anyway.

        
Message 17 of 26
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

While I agree this was more of a social post rather than specific to Credit Cards, and as such it might've been better over in the Smorgasboard, it's not like we're killing baby seals with posts like this.

+1  The only thing wrong with this thread is the categorization. 

If someone were posting monthly about their payment history, I might get weary of that, but an occasional milestone is just an instance of them seeking to celebrate with the community.  Part of what I like about these forums is the genuine sense of community and camaraderie that is cultivated here, and I see posts like this and the massive garden threads as an essential element of that. We share information together, and we celebrate together.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 18 of 26
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've actually followed several of Duncanrr's posts and understand that he has made many milestone improvements and has gained a wealth of knowledge to ensure that those efforts won't be laid to waste in the future.  I also see the other point about sometimes having to "weed" through some of the posts to get information.  Some of the posters on here I feel as though  I am inherently involved with their struggles.  I feel their pain and frustrations and relish in their victories.  Without seeing some of those victories it would be a lot difficult for me to get motivated.  Seeing others succeed helps give me hope and helps me try harder.  I do agree that the social side should be kept to other threads, however I do feel that sometimes you get overwhelmed and thankful for what you've done, from what you've learned here that you want to share that with others.   Anyway, that is all the time I'm going to spend on this subject.  I wish you all the best of luck.

P.S.  Perhaps this will keep Duncanrr in rehab from drapping.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@RAZIUG wrote:

You came out from the shadows to post this as your first post?  A couple points real quick:

1. Some of the people that are here, myself included, are here because of rebuilding.  In the past they may have failed to pay debts on time.  Posts like this one reinforce positive and responsible repayment of debt in a timely manner.  (This was my biggest weakness in my CRs and posting here serves as a reminder of how I can't ignore my responsibilities like I did in the past.)

2. If you had lurked through my older posts you would had realized that it was a personal milestone for me to get back in with AMEX.  For a long litany of reasons, payments to AMEX signify that I'm on the right steps in my rebuild and doors that once were closed to me are now open due to the positive steps I have taken and continue to take. 

3. My post shows a change in attitude for me in which I am no longer worried about when my next bill is due but celebrate it.  Its another opportunity for an on-time payment and reflects the new financial responsiblity that I'm aserting in my life.

4. Lastly, lets weigh my contributions to MyFICO vs. yours.  You have lurked in the shadows and have not contributed a single point of useful, helpful or insightful information to these message boards.  You have not supported a single member in their individual goals.  Compare this to my contributions: In 5 months I have posted almost 1400 topics and responses and have sent hundreds of PM's to members and responded to numerous requests for information.  I have given advice, celebrated the successes of others and tried to help them out of difficult situations.  So if you want to compare who is useless and pointless I will take my odds against you every day of the week!

Good day!

I take offense with item #3.   My friends, family, coworkers to not need to know my financial life, and the fact that I celebrate each and every payment I make on time, and each and every point gained....  That's why this anonymous forum is the greatest place ever... because you can post a milestone that may seem trivial to others, but for you and for people who've been in your shoes, its a very BIG deal.

I realize that for someone who takes the act of paying things on time for granted, that this post may seem like useless drivel.  For those of us who have raised ourselves out of scores that were less than 400...  the fact that you can even worry about an Amex payment is a HUGE step.

to the OP:   Congrats Duncanrr on making your first Amex payment in 20 years Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.