tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Palladium

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@FinStar

Yes, I did in May and my DH in August. Each time the Palladium comes up I think about apping. DH thinks we should next year. So far, I have no complaints with my banker. Very, very helpful.

Awesome!!!  I knew at one point you debated between CSP and another one... not sure if it was this one... but would definitely be excited for you whichever you decide to obtain Robot Very Happy  I honestly like my CSP...but, I missed the boat when they had the JPM Select available.

The only benefits to the JPM Select are the hidden TL and the bonus after spending 100k. Primary CDW can be found on other cards, including their United co-branded ones.

I don't fly United very often. It looks like the Club card is the only one that offers PCDW.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 59
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The Explorer has primary coverage-at least the Signature version does
Message 22 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@GOldfishes wrote:

Palladium card at 21? Bold.

Sure, it's possible (for a very small few).

Yep, it sure is.  I know a couple folks who are 21 & 23 who have this card. 

Message 23 of 59
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@FinStar

Yes, I did in May and my DH in August. Each time the Palladium comes up I think about apping. DH thinks we should next year. So far, I have no complaints with my banker. Very, very helpful.

Awesome!!!  I knew at one point you debated between CSP and another one... not sure if it was this one... but would definitely be excited for you whichever you decide to obtain Robot Very Happy  I honestly like my CSP...but, I missed the boat when they had the JPM Select available.

The only benefits to the JPM Select are the hidden TL and the bonus after spending 100k. Primary CDW can be found on other cards, including their United co-branded ones.

I don't fly United very often. It looks like the Club card is the only one that offers PCDW.

I think the explorer card offers it too? I know the JPM Ritz does, as does the Chase Fairmont card.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 24 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

IIRC, this would require a CPC relationship along with ~$250K... unless somehow your private banker is able to circumvent those requirements by endorsing it to the u/w group.

Hmm...

That won't happen. Not that I have $250k liquid, but even if I did I wouldn't keep it with a high fee broker at Chase.

That, or whether they could possibly be able to offer you the JPM Select.  Your PB would likely know the best options based on your overall goals/needs.

The Palladium requires CPC which is 250k minimum in deposits.

The JPM Select is now only offered to PB clients (not even CPC). Minimum for that (in their HNW division) begins at $5MM.

Bummer...

I know right?  I would be closer to CPC than PB.

Message 25 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@FinStar

I think the explorer card offers it too? I know the JPM Ritz does, as does the Chase Fairmont card.

Nice, other options are good.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 26 of 59
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 27 of 59
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

IIRC, this would require a CPC relationship along with ~$250K... unless somehow your private banker is able to circumvent those requirements by endorsing it to the u/w group.

Hmm...

That won't happen. Not that I have $250k liquid, but even if I did I wouldn't keep it with a high fee broker at Chase.

That, or whether they could possibly be able to offer you the JPM Select.  Your PB would likely know the best options based on your overall goals/needs.

The JPM Select is now only offered to PB clients (not even CPC). Minimum for that (in their HNW division) begins at $5MM.

Bummer...

+1. Same for me. PB is the space where people like my parents would play in. Guess I'll just have to share the lowly CPC space with you instead Smiley Very Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 28 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Hmm...

Bummer...

+1. Same for me. PB is the space where people like my parents would play in. Guess I'll just have to share the lowly CPC space with you instead Smiley Very Happy

I don't mind the company.  I think Lexie and her DH are already there...So, I know we're in good company... Smiley Happy  Not sure if bribro or Crashem are CPC or PB...  For now, I haven't decided on CPC... but PB is definitely far on the horizon...

Message 29 of 59
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I don't mind the company.  I think Lexie and her DH are already there...So, I know we're in good company... Smiley Happy  Not sure if bribro or Crashem are CPC or PB...  For now, I haven't decided on CPC... but PB is definitely far on the horizon...

I'm well scattered...

USAA

NFCU

US Bank

Chase

& pysical bullion without any brokerage fee's involved...

If I put all my eggs in one basket I could try for a low tier private bank...but it's not worth it just for a credit card. I find the fee's and service at USAA to be fair. They have advisors nearby who are nice and helpful.

Message 30 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.