Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner's CU awesome!!

tag
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Partner's CU awesome!!

Anyway, today I decided to open a checking and a savings account with partners CU which Disney CU. They just approved me for there reward platinum visa which is the best CC they have for $5k. What's really cool about is that there underwriter is on the premises which is cool. Btw, they pulled my true Ex 698. I was a bit surprise since I though is was lower or something I guess not. Plus they gave me my debit card right on the spots. Anyway, if you work for disneyland or family you should join.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: Partner's CU awesome!!

Caveat emptor moment:

I, too, used to love Partners. They gave me an auto loan at a ridiculously low interest rate without checking my credit soon after I joined with them. They gave me a CC when no one else would and a personal loan when I needed it to get through the final stretch of my home purchase.

That is where my love has become tenuous.  I recently have been taking advantage of 0% interest offers.  I wrote a BT check to myself and deposited it in Partners. The check was mistakenly returned by the CC company (they admitted they put a hold on a payment that they shouldn't have). As soon as I discovered this, I replaced the first check with another BT check.  This time, Partners screwed up and didn't transmit the data correctly. Partners admits this was THEIR fault, have hard copies and all of their transmission missing numbers.  They refunded all of the fees associated with it.  Sounds good, right? 

WRONG. I can no longer deposit ANY checks into my Partners account. They have labelled me as "fraudulent" when it comes to check deposits.  No matter what I've shown them, said, branch manager, etc, tough beans for me.  I now have absolute minimum direct deposits made to cover my Partners debts and have thrown the rest of my business to NFCU and will continue to do so until Partners pulls their head out of wherever it is and fixes this.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 2 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@thankfulheart wrote:

Caveat emptor moment:

I, too, used to love Partners. They gave me an auto loan at a ridiculously low interest rate without checking my credit soon after I joined with them. They gave me a CC when no one else would and a personal loan when I needed it to get through the final stretch of my home purchase.

That is where my love has become tenuous.  I recently have been taking advantage of 0% interest offers.  I wrote a BT check to myself and deposited it in Partners. The check was mistakenly returned by the CC company (they admitted they put a hold on a payment that they shouldn't have). As soon as I discovered this, I replaced the first check with another BT check.  This time, Partners screwed up and didn't transmit the data correctly. Partners admits this was THEIR fault, have hard copies and all of their transmission missing numbers.  They refunded all of the fees associated with it.  Sounds good, right? 

WRONG. I can no longer deposit ANY checks into my Partners account. They have labelled me as "fraudulent" when it comes to check deposits.  No matter what I've shown them, said, branch manager, etc, tough beans for me.  I now have absolute minimum direct deposits made to cover my Partners debts and have thrown the rest of my business to NFCU and will continue to do so until Partners pulls their head out of wherever it is and fixes this.

I don't understand what management gets out of being so unreasonable? "Yeah...it's totally our fault but that doesn't mean you aren't going to pay the price for our mistakes!" Oh...but congrats to the op...lol!!! Got off-track for a second.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 7
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

So far my experience have been great. Ill probably ask for $10k on the credit card they offered since its a reward card so ill switch up my card to this as my everyday card.
Message 4 of 7
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Another caveat emptor...read the "rewards" structure carefully. I don't even bother with it as I do better with NFCU and Amazon Chase.
Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 5 of 7
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Most reward card are better than others. BTW, what's the difference between Sig Card than the other card that gives reward card?
Message 6 of 7
Arago
New Contributor

Is there an easy way to join Partners if you aren't connected with Disney?

I wanted to join but then i read some threads about how a few people in their security department can be seriously unprofessional and many people filed complaints.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.