Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to Apple Card program for declined applicants

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Re: Path to Apple Card program for declined applicants

@K-in-Boston wrote:

This is interesting but it doesn't appear that opting in in itself will actually help an applicant's chances of approval, anymore than a myFICO subscription or even Credit Karma (provided they ignore the "boost your score by opening these 16 cards and getting a Prosper loan today") would if they follow the general advice given.

To add in, I did take a look at the support page, and it does mention if you apply within 14 days of completing your path, they will evaluate the application based off of different criteria. So there is a chance it could help people get approved, but again not a guarantee. 

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 11 of 56
vsChance
Valued Member

Path to Apple Card - Apple wants to help if you're rejected.

Thought this was intersting, Since im still not able to get accepted hopefully i get invited to this program.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/06/29/apple-card-how-to-get-approved/

Message 12 of 56
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Path to Apple Card - Apple wants to help if you're rejected.

I got accepted into the program. I will keep knocking on that door until it opens

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 13 of 56
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I got accepted into the program. I will keep knocking on that door until it opens

How were you notified? Was it a device notification you received or an email?

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 14 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Path to Apple Card program for declined applicants

@K-in-Boston wrote:

This is interesting but it doesn't appear that opting in in itself will actually help an applicant's chances of approval, anymore than a myFICO subscription or even Credit Karma (provided they ignore the "boost your score by opening these 16 cards and getting a Prosper loan today") would if they follow the general advice given.

IMHO this is pretty big.

Yes, there are 'credit enthusiasts' forums like myfico that can provide more specific, relavent or useful info than the simplistic thing Apple/GS has.

But, Apple & GS's simple thing can effortlessly reach tens if not hundreds of millions and give them perhaps the very first 'credit lesson' in their life on what FICO score is and how it works. Remember that many of these people might not even had a credit card before ("becuase I heard from uncle Bob that I should never use a credit card", "D.R. says that cash is the king, credit cards destroy your credit scores", etc) let alone a proper understanding of how ultilizating ratio and timely payment affects the score or awareness of a small forum called 'myfico'.

Obviously they created this program for thier own interests. But I believe it in turn will also help many many people (way more than myfico could ever imagine) in terms of a better grasp on the topic and perhaps even better scrores.

Message 15 of 56
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Matt9543 I was notified by email 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 16 of 56
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

When did you last apply? I got denied 6/12/20 right before this program got launched. I'm trying to figure out do I need to apply again to trigger the path to Apple Card invite or not? 

Message 17 of 56
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

When did you last apply? I got denied 6/12/20 right before this program got launched. I'm trying to figure out do I need to apply again to trigger the path to Apple Card invite or not? 

I applied on the 30th and should be "done" in October according to them. 

Message 18 of 56
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

What I do find interesting in their debt calculation in the email is that they exclude student loan debt from this and also the figure they have is wrong for me anyways. I am skeptical that this is a truly accurate picture but it is something to go off of instead of shooting blindly in the dark

Message 19 of 56
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I applied on the 30th and should be "done" in October according to them. 

Thank you so much for this info!  I appreciate it! 

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.